question of new

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

MarcelinoVazquez

question of new

Post by MarcelinoVazquez »

Hi guys, I'm new here, I have two questions:
1 How can I upload a game just finished?
2 I think that when a game is finished, and another player wants to play it, you just have to download the game and the saved game (file.zts) to connect with me?
Thank you
Woody8297

Post by Woody8297 »

Hi Marcelino,

1) I'm not sure what you mean in your first question. If it's just the file from the last move of the game, it would be a simple matter to email it to whomever you want to share it with.

2) The saved game would have a .ztg extension not a .zts one. (Typo maybe?) But it doesn't matter because neither is needed for an opponent to connect with you if you are the one hosting. All the opponent needs is a copy of the game; the .ztb file. You would open your file--.ztg or .zts--and then choose "Host" from the multiplayer menu. Your opponent will see exactly what the file shows when he connects. At that point, both of you can save the game whenever you choose.

I hope this answers your question.

Good luck,
Frank
MarcelinoVazquez

Post by MarcelinoVazquez »

Thank you so much, Frank, for your answer.
One more thing. I'm getting involved in creating board games to play online. I really like zum tzu, but I've read that it's out of use and that the best thing is vassal or battleground or something else. I like zum tzu... Do you think it will have a long life, or would it have to change to another Game engine?
Thank you very much.
Woody8297

Post by Woody8297 »

Well Marcelino...

After a lot of thought, I guess I would have to recommend that you make your games for Vassal or Battleground. (I personally don't know a thing about Battleground, but you seem to, so you should go with your experience about it.) I've tried Vassal and, honestly, I don't care for it. It's too "computerized," too many screens, pop-ups, and distractions from the actual game play. I know all of it is supposed to make the game easier, but, to me, it's a whole level of complications that I'd rather not put up with.

ZunTzu does exactly what it was designed to do: mimic the face to face experience of playing a board game. It presents the playing surface and the game components and that's about it. Just like you would get if you set up your game on your living room table. There are few buttons to push and those few are pretty much intuitive. There's really not much to learn.

Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated...and it doesn't look like it's going to be. That's really too bad. I don't know Jerome but I wish him well. Life gets in the way of a lot of our dreams. Maybe that's what happened to ZunTzu.

Good luck to you Marcelino.
Frank
Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Marcelino,
There has been some talk awhile back of a member here working on an update. But that was many months ago, and no news. As you have seen, ZunTzu is so easy to work with, both for play and creating gameboxes. Maybe you can continue to use it along with another game emulator. Depends on what you want to do. I solo mostly, so ZunTzu works perfectly for me. I guess if I wanted to play ASL online, I would use VASSAL. Which is great, but just like Frank, it really does not excite like a gamebox on ZT..!