Map rotation with counters in place?

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

primeevil

Map rotation with counters in place?

Post by primeevil »

is it possible to rotate a map (tile) with counter on it? working on a Dungeon Twister game box and am stuck at this issue. The counter must stay in its original place on the tile as it rotates
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Only if you define the map as a "Terrain" (and minor hassles are that you need to turn on "Terrain Editing" first, and that the counters are invisible while in this mode).
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

Bill Barrett wrote:Only if you define the map as a "Terrain" (and minor hassles are that you need to turn on "Terrain Editing" first, and that the counters are invisible while in this mode).
I tried this on the 1851 module, which has some terrain tiles. But I cannot rotate the terrain tile WITH the counter on it. The counters stay where they are, as if the terrain tile is located on a different layer?

I would like to create small "score cards" for the Mustangs-gamebox. Cards/Tiles which the players can move around on the map (to stay close to each plane) and on which are 3 adjustable scores listed: speed, altitude and hits. The scores can be adjusted by markers, so it's vital that these markers remain in place when you move around the scoring card.

Is that really possible? Linking counters to a certain terrain tile? And how come it does not seem to work in the 1851 gamemodule?
(I found out about that module because someone here asked about terrain tiles)
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Is that really possible? Linking counters to a certain terrain tile? And how come it does not seem to work in the 1851 gamemodule?
No it's not (yet) possible. The only thing you can currently do with Terrains is rotate them and move them. There's no existing way to link counters or other game elements to them, but it would be nice.
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

Bill Barrett wrote:No it's not (yet) possible. The only thing you can currently do with Terrains is rotate them and move them. There's no existing way to link counters or other game elements to them, but it would be nice.
I see. OK. thanks Bill!
We just have to drag around the markers then as well. Or find a nice spot to plant the scoring card, so that it does not need further manipulation. :)
oblo

Post by oblo »

Bill Barrett wrote:
No it's not (yet) possible. The only thing you can currently do with Terrains is rotate them and move them. There's no existing way to link counters or other game elements to them, but it would be nice.
So, there is no possibility to do this?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8j ... directlink
then
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DP ... directlink
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

No not yet...
oblo

Post by oblo »

Bill Barrett wrote:No not yet...
Thanks for the explanation. Then, I'm thinking about to implement some "pre-stablish" table, so all players know in advance where to put their cards in the table.