FEATURE REQUEST: Double Sided Terrain Pieces

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

jimu

FEATURE REQUEST: Double Sided Terrain Pieces

Post by jimu »

Unless I'm mistaken, it's impossible to define the reverse side of terrain pieces.

The game I'm implementing has planets for terrain. The top of the tile is an unmarked planet. The bottom of the tile reveals the planets type. The type is secret information until the opposing player scouts it. Once scouted, the tile is flipped over.

Thanks in advance!
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Double Sided Terrain Pieces

Post by Jerome »

jimu wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, it's impossible to define the reverse side of terrain pieces.
Hi Jimu!
You can define double-sided terrain pieces.
It works like counters: you must provide one back for each piece of the terrain section.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
jimu

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Double Sided Terrain Pieces

Post by jimu »

Jerome wrote:It works like counters: you must provide one back for each piece of the terrain section.
What am I doing wrong?

Code: Select all

<terrain-sheet name="Planets2"
		front-image-file="sheet3.png" front-resolution="150 dpi" front-mask-file="sheet3_alpha.png"
		back-image-file="sheet3_reverse.png" back-resolution="150 dpi" back-mask-file="sheet3_reverse_alpha.png">
		<terrain-section front-left="32" front-top="32" front-right="164" front-bottom="147"
		                 back-left="32"  back-top="32"  back-right="164"  back-bottom="147" />
		<terrain-section front-left="165" front-top="32" front-right="297" front-bottom="147"
		                 back-left="165"  back-top="32"  back-right="297"  back-bottom="147" />
		<terrain-section front-left="298" front-top="32" front-right="430" front-bottom="147"
		                 back-left="298"  back-top="32"  back-right="430"  back-bottom="147" />
		<terrain-section front-left="431" front-top="32" front-right="563" front-bottom="147"
		                 back-left="431"  back-top="32"  back-right="563"  back-bottom="147" />
 	</terrain-sheet>
I can flip the entire sheet, but when I drag-n-drop counters from the sheet, they appear front-side-up. Double-right-clicking the counter has no effect; the reverse side doesn't appear and there is no flip animation.

Is there a module with double-sided terrain that I can study?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

I can flip the entire sheet, but when I drag-n-drop counters from the sheet, they appear front-side-up. Double-right-clicking the counter has no effect; the reverse side doesn't appear and there is no flip animation.
Yes that was what happened when I tried it - you can flip the terrain on the "terrains" tab but when you move it to the map it reverts to front side only...
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

There must be a bug.
I'll have a look. Thanks for reporting the problem.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

This is now fixed.
Last edited by Jerome on 08 Feb 2009, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

Wow. You da man!
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Wow. You da man!
Yes indeed! :D

This opens up quite a few possibilities... but there's still a minor "bugette" in as much as if you flip a terrain to its back-side view on the terrain tab and then move it to a board tab, it still reverts to its front-side view. No big deal as you can now just flip it back, but it's not what's expected or intended...