Interface, Question on how to work with stacks of counters

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Pokke

Interface, Question on how to work with stacks of counters

Post by Pokke »

I've been toying with this excellent program for a couple of weeks now.
Great job Jerome!

I've converted several games now and have been playing those and other even more. It's not 100% as playing face-to-face, but it sure comes very close!

One recurring problem my friends and me have though, is the interface for selecting stacks of counters.

I do know about CTRL-doubleclick on the "last" counter of a stack (the one closest to the board) at which point you select all counters of the stack.

But then they are all selected and appear big size on the left in a special pannel. All selected.
If you then click somewhere on the map, the entire stack appears in that spot.
This is not always what we want.

So here's my question:
So far we've always had to deselect each indidual counter one by one in the side-pannel. I'm sure there must be a short-cut to deselect all the counters at once, but we cannot find it. Can someone help us out?
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

I, too, would like to know this.
daleth

Post by daleth »

the box that appears on the left of the screen "stack viewer" i believe, has an "X" in the top right corner. pressing this gets rid of the box.

the "stack viewer" is mostly useful for shuffling the stack, or placing the the stack where you want it.
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

daleth wrote:the "stack viewer" is mostly useful for shuffling the stack, or placing the the stack where you want it.
Yes and that is often the problem.

For instance: You select a lot of counters on a "counter sheet"-tab and then want them to appear in the "board"-tab. You double-click on the counters, they appear in the stack-viewer on the left. You click on the board-tab and then want to put one counter here, another there, etc. To do this I have to manually deselect each counter in the stack viewer until only the one that I need remains selected.

So I was just wondering if there is a shortcut to deselect the counters in the stackviewer, all at once. So that I can click on the one that I need and position it and not have to deselect all the others one by one.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Pokke

This is the best I can come up with:

Build a stack of counters on your counter sheet tab, double-click on the bottom one to get them into the stack inspector. Go to the map and left-click somewhere (all the counters move to the map still all highlighted), then double-click on the top one ON THE MAP (not in the stack inspector). All the ones underneath will now be de-selected.
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

Bill Barrett wrote:This is the best I can come up with:(snip)
Aha, ok. Thanks Bill. So there is no real shortcut for this?

Pokke
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

With ZunTzu you're expected to use drag and drop for almost everything.

You can drag and drop an entire stack by moving your mouse cursor over the bottom-most counter, than press on the left mouse button, then move the mouse while keeping the button pressed.

You can split a stack by dragging any counter but the bottom-most one. Counters above that one will move along while counters below that one will stay.

You can move a stack from one board to another by dragging the stack to the destination tab, or by pressing Ctrl+Tab in the middle of the drag and drop.

In my opinion the easiest way to do a game setup involving moving a lot of counters from a counter sheet to the main board is to move the counters through your private hand. Deploy the hand panel by clicking on the hand icon in the bottom right-hand corner. You can pin the hand corner to disable the auto-hiding feature. Then start moving counters to your hand. You can drag and drop them to the hand panel of course, but it's easier to just press Space with your mouse cursor over the counter you want to move. Finally, drag and drop each counter from your hand to the board one at a time.

You can also drag and drop counters from the stack inspector to the board, although I almost never use the stack inspector, except when I want to change the order of the counters in a stack.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.