Great work

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

lclaudius

Great work

Post by lclaudius »

Let me get a moment to say: Great work, Jerome, I'm overwhelmed by ZunTzu. I downloaded it this week, after reading about it over at Consimworld; I already created a few gameboxes --- Balkan Front, Ikarus and DAK2 --- and I'm creating a few more from my unpunched games. I have requested permission from the copyright owners to post these boxes, let's see if I can get it. In the meantime, if anyone out there would like to play these games, just drop me a note.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Do you mean you have scanned and converted three game boxes in one week? :shock:
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Phaedrus4242

Post by Phaedrus4242 »

Not that surprising! I created mine with a lot of additional tweaking to the counters AND struggling with learning the system in about 5 hours.

Perhaps you don't realize just how good the tool is that you've created? :D
lclaudius

Post by lclaudius »

Do you mean you have scanned and converted three game boxes in one week?
Yep! The countersheets I scanned by myself, the maps were scanned at a professional bureau. The hardest part was describing the countersheets, but the games I did had few counters (4 countersheets for Balkan Front, 1 for Ikarus and 4 1/2 for DAK2).

By the way --- it would be nice if in the future you could just use a bounding box with the mouse to define an area of a countersheet and then specify the number of columns x rows, instead of counting pixels.
Perhaps you don't realize just how good the tool is that you've created?
Indeed... :)
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

lclaudius wrote:it would be nice if in the future you could just use a bounding box with the mouse to define an area of a countersheet and then specify the number of columns x rows, instead of counting pixels.
Yes, that would be nice. However it is not one of the highest priority tasks on which I'm working at the moment.
The best solution would be to have another programmer develop a third party tool independently.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.