Collectable Card Games... any tips???

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

daleth

Collectable Card Games... any tips???

Post by daleth »

i have only just discovered Zun Tzu, but am amazed by it's quality and ease of use.

i am currently creating my own ccg, and have been looking for a program that could help me to play test decks online/offline.

i checked out the poker game box, and saw that it would be quite easy to manipulate.
i wondered if anyone else had tried this yet, or already created something similar?
and if anyone has any tips for me, i would be most grateful.

Daleth
GJK

Post by GJK »

For a CCG, the Poker game example is your best insight. The .ztb file is actually just a .zip file, so you can rename the extension and then unzip it using your normal zip archival utility. Inside you will find the images folder and the XML files that make up the gamebox. Poke around in there and then look at the Support section here on how to make a module - it's really all quite simple.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Pokke

Re: Collectable Card Games... any tips???

Post by Pokke »

daleth wrote:i have only just discovered Zun Tzu, but am amazed by it's quality and ease of use.
Same here, I discovered it today and decided to convert one of the Victory Point Games. (Waiting on their permission to put it online).
I finished it after a couple of hours and have tried it out earlier this evening. Great stuff!

I do reply here because I had to use cards as well. I checked out the Poker example and got it working pretty fast.
So maybe we can help each other Daleth?

Pokke
daleth

Post by daleth »

I have now had a chance to play around with the poker game box a bit more, and have managed to replace all the card images with my own cards,
and to make 8 copies of each card (as multiples are used in the building of two decks)

i know very little about editing code, but have been able to get the jist of most of it.

i would however, like to know how to make new 'tabs' (in the poker game box there are three distinct areas: table, cards, and chips)
the 'cards' tab is very useful as it can be used as a kind of deck-builder, where all the cards are laid out in order.
i assume it would be possible to create multiple 'tabs' with different groups of cards on each tab that can then be brought into play on the table.
can anyone suggest an easy way to do this (ie. how to make tabs/make copies of the 'cards' tab)

also, just had a thought (please forgive that i am very new to this and may be asking some obvious/previously answered questions)

is it possible for zun tzu to begin a 'scenario' with a stack of randomly selected cards?
eg. if there was a set off 300, and the game was able to randomly chose 60.