What are ZunTzu's technical requirements?

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

lclaudius

What are ZunTzu's technical requirements?

Post by lclaudius »

What exactly are ZunTzu's technical requirements? I tried to install in two different Windows machines; in one of them the install won't run at all, in the other it ran to completion.

The machine it didn't run has a NVidia GeForce2 MX/MX400; perhaps that's not powerful enough to run ZunTzu?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi again!

These are the technical requirements for which I am sure:
- you need Windows XP (I hope I will get an opportunity to test ZunTzu on Vista soon)
- you need DirectX 9 (I think it is part of Windows XP SP2 anyway)
- you need a 3D card that meets the requirements for DirectX 7. Your old GeForce2 MX should be just fine.
- you need a lot of memory, the amount of which varies with the size of the game box.

How much RAM has your computer? Does your GeForce2 MX 400 comes with 64 MB of video memory?

One thing you can try: change the display settings of Windows to 16bits colors before launching ZunTzu. Does it make a difference?

Another idea: at the moment I'm receiving error reports, but I don't know if it comes from you. The errors say something like "System.BadImageFormatException: is not a valid Win32 application". I'm not sure, but it may be caused by a file getting corrupted during the download. Maybe you can try uninstalling ZunTzu and then installing it again.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
lclaudius

Post by lclaudius »

- you need Windows XP (I hope I will get an opportunity to test ZunTzu on Vista soon)
Check.
- you need DirectX 9 (I think it is part of Windows XP SP2 anyway)
Check, DXDIAG reports Directx 9.0c.
- you need a 3D card that meets the requirements for DirectX 7. Your old GeForce2 MX should be just fine.
- you need a lot of memory, the amount of which varies with the size of the game box.
The gamebox isn't an issue, the installer didn't run.
How much RAM has your computer?
1024 MBytes.
Does your GeForce2 MX 400 comes with 64 MB of video memory?
Yes, 64 MBytes.
One thing you can try: change the display settings of Windows to 16bits colors before launching ZunTzu. Does it make a difference?
No, it still won't run the installer. I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0, same as in the other machine, and I get to the security warnings, but when the command window appears it dies without installing, and no error messages.
[/quote]
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Are you logged with administrator privileges? (I'm not sure it makes a difference)

Did you manage to go through the .NET installation? If not, could you try installing .NET first from the Microsoft web site, then restart the computer and try again?

Have you tried configuring or temporarily shutting down your firewalls and anti-virus?

I'm running out of ideas. :?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
lclaudius

Post by lclaudius »

Are you logged with administrator privileges? (I'm not sure it makes a difference)
Yes.
Did you manage to go through the .NET installation? If not, could you try installing .NET first from the Microsoft web site, then restart the computer and try again?
Aha! That did the trick. ZunTzu installed normally now. The machine where it was running already had .NET installed before I installed ZunTzu.

Thanks for the help, Jerome.