trouble -- connecting and bluescreen

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

bwingrave

trouble -- connecting and bluescreen

Post by bwingrave »

I ran into a couple of different problems this evening when trying to play a game on ZunTzu for the first time.

First, the other player (Mike H) and I were unable to connect. Kept getting a message about "Connection request has timed out". I have my firewall set to allow ZunTzu, and so does Mike.

The other problem was a blue screen appearing when I minimized ZunTzu. It would indicate that it was dumping my memory (or something like that). I then had to shut my computer down and start it up in order to use it again.

Any suggestions on how to deal with these problems (other than to just not use ZunTzu)?
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: trouble -- connecting and bluescreen

Post by Jerome »

bwingrave wrote:the other player (Mike H) and I were unable to connect. Kept getting a message about "Connection request has timed out". I have my firewall set to allow ZunTzu, and so does Mike.
Your problems were caused by a firewall and/or a router blocking the communication.
ZunTzu behaves as a server application therefore your firewall must be set to allow ZunTzu in both directions (outbound messages and also inbound messages).
bwingrave wrote:The other problem was a blue screen appearing when I minimized ZunTzu. It would indicate that it was dumping my memory (or something like that). I then had to shut my computer down and start it up in order to use it again.
You're the first one to report a crash of the whole computer. Download the most recent drivers for your video card and see if it fixes the problem.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
bwingrave

Post by bwingrave »

Thank you for the suggestions.

The video driver update had no effect, but after I updated my sound driver, the bluescreen issue seemed to go away (hopefully for good).

My firewall is already configured to allow ZunTzu to communicate in both directions. I will contact Mike and see if his is also.
Pert

Post by Pert »

The connection problem may be the same as I had (see my thread below). Our problem was, that we didn´t have public IP address. My brother´s friend told him to install small utility named Hamachi. This software makes a public IP address for everyone who has it installed and with using this IP address we were able to connect. So after 10 minutes of installing and configuring you are finished and you can play.