Error Message when installing software?

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

fatgreta1066

Error Message when installing software?

Post by fatgreta1066 »

Hi,

I've tried installing this program 3 times now, each time after the progress indicator hits 100% I get a "ZunTzu has encountered an error and needs to close" message. I tried once with Firefox, after installing the clickonece extension and updating it. I think tried in IE 7.0.5730.11, same thing happened on both installs (I uninstalled the program each time before reinstalling). The specifics on the last install were:

version 1.2.1.12
os Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
framework 2.0.50727.1433
cpu count 1
Error in the application.
-2146232832 (Unknown)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters presentationParameters)
at ZunTzu.Graphics.o..ctor(Form A_0, i A_1, b A_2)
at ZunTzu.Visualization.y..ctor(aa A_0, Form A_1, t A_2)
at ZunTzu.b.b(String[] A_0)

The program shows up in my start menu, so I tried to run it, and got another error message (same as before). Here are those specifics:

version 1.2.1.12
os Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
framework 2.0.50727.1433
cpu count 1
Error in the application.
-2146232832 (Unknown)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters presentationParameters)
at ZunTzu.Graphics.o..ctor(Form A_0, i A_1, b A_2)
at ZunTzu.Visualization.y..ctor(aa A_0, Form A_1, t A_2)
at ZunTzu.b.b(String[] A_0)

I guess they're both the same? The message on trying to start the program happens after verifying my requirements, if that is important. Is there anything I can do to get it working?

Thanks,

Chris
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi!
Can you check that drivers are installed for your 3D graphics card?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

Jerome wrote:Hi!
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure if there's something specific I need to check for, but the drivers have been installed since I've owned the computer, I've never changed them. When I go to the device manager it shows device is installed and working properly (Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis). Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks,

Chris
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

fatgreta1066 wrote:
Jerome wrote:Hi!
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure if there's something specific I need to check for, but the drivers have been installed since I've owned the computer, I've never changed them. When I go to the device manager it shows device is installed and working properly (Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis). Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks,

Chris
Hi,

I'm still hoping to get this program running, any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Chris, you should try to install more recent drivers from the ATI web site. Sometimes it's enough to solve that kind of problems.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

Jerome wrote:Chris, you should try to install more recent drivers from the ATI web site. Sometimes it's enough to solve that kind of problems.
Ah, yes, that did the trick! Thanks!

Chris