Boards outside the gamebox?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Ichibrothers

Boards outside the gamebox?

Post by Ichibrothers »

Jerome,
Gameboxes start getting pretty large when you are dealing with geomorphic boards. Absolutely LOVE the terrain sheet process. Works FANTASTIC. But, is there anyway to add geomorphic boards to a game without having them in the box itself. Perhaps in the terrain-sheet line of the game-box.xml, I could get ZunTzu to search the same directory that the gamebox is in, and add any .zta files (.zta....ZunTzu addon) that it finds. Maybe in the terrain-sheet line, I could add the first board to the gamebox normally. Using the same size and positional information, I could add a global board, something like.....boardxx.zta....where "xx" is the board numbers.....02, 03, 99, etc. ZunTzu then loads any files in the same directory that match the file name structure....board02.zta, board45.zta, and so on. If this where possible, geomorphic boards could be added to a gamebox at anytime, without having to upload/download a new version of the gamebox itself.

Just a thought. No idea if it is possible, or if it is just to difficult to do. Either way, thanks in advance!!!!!

Bill
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

This is a great idea.