install does not work?

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

GK1

install does not work?

Post by GK1 »

will this run on XP64?
I tried to install but it failed. using I.E. 7

any help would be great.
GK1

Post by GK1 »

here is more information if that helps

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.2.3790.131072 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.1433
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

SOURCES
Deployment url : http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application did not succeed.
+ The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [11/24/2008 11:37:09 PM] : Activation of http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [11/24/2008 11:37:16 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi!

I've been told that ZunTzu works with Vista 64 bits, but as far as I know you are the first one to try to run ZunTzu with Windows XP x64.
Maybe your problem doesn't come from x64 : according to your error log the problem occurred during the download. ZunTzu was never started.

Is your computer behind a proxy server that asks for a login and a password? (see here)
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
GK1

Post by GK1 »

my second computer which is just xp with SP3 and it installed the program fine. I agree with your feedback but need to figure out a way to install the program. This system is a dual boot system I will try the install on the XP32 partition to check.
GK1

Post by GK1 »

Well I know it's not hardware related as the XP32 patition loads the progam just fine. IS there some trick to getting it to install on vista64? I was using it but dumped the resource hog and went with the XP64. Vista will be replaced in about a year anyway. Also im not behind a proxy server.

Any other ideas to get this to install?
novato

Post by novato »

Hey dont work for me.

i got this error,

version 1.2.1.11
os Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
framework 2.0.50727.1433
cpu count 1
System.ApplicationException: No compliant display adapter found (display mode).
at ZunTzu.Graphics.o.g()
at ZunTzu.Graphics.o..ctor(Form A_0, i A_1, b A_2)
at ZunTzu.Visualization.y..ctor(aa A_0, Form A_1, t A_2)
at ZunTzu.b.b(String[] A_0)

any help?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

novato wrote:Hey dont work for me.
Hi Novato!
Could you make sure that you have drivers installed for your 3D card?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GK1 wrote:Any other ideas to get this to install?
No idea. What you can do next is install the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from the Microsoft web site. Maybe they fixed that bug in the latest release.
GK1

Post by GK1 »

Jerome wrote:
GK1 wrote:Any other ideas to get this to install?
No idea. What you can do next is install the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from the Microsoft web site. Maybe they fixed that bug in the latest release.
I have SP 2 installed with .net 3.0 I don't see any updates for .net 3.5 (yet) COuld you provide a link for 3.5?

Thanks for the help.
radikal

Post by radikal »

.Net 3.5 Download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

.Net 3.5 SP1 Download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

To get to these, go to the Microsoft download center and search for ".Net"
http://www.microsoft.com/beta/downloads ... hText=.net
novato

Post by novato »

Jerome wrote:
novato wrote:Hey dont work for me.
Hi Novato!
Could you make sure that you have drivers installed for your 3D card?
ohh, i missed it, ok i dont have a 3d card, so no ZunTzu for me, thanks for your help.
GK1

Post by GK1 »

Question when this program loads up what info does it send back to you? I saw a post where it was implied the program reported home everytime it was launched or a game was played. does it connect to a server in order to run and if it can't the program will not load?

2nd any idea if this will work on windows 7? there are betas out now and since 7 will be out with in the year. Might be good to look into. Windows 7 is very vista like but not as much of a resource hog so im betting it will work.

Has anyone else been able to get Zun to work on XP64?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GK1 wrote:Question when this program loads up what info does it send back to you? I saw a post where it was implied the program reported home everytime it was launched or a game was played. does it connect to a server in order to run and if it can't the program will not load?
When you launch the program through the Windows Start button, it checks this web site for a software update (actually, that's the .NET framework which does that, not ZunTzu). It shows as a hit in my web server logs. The only information sent is your IP address.

When you launch the program by double-clicking a game box in the Windows Explorer, it does the same except that the URL queried on my server contains the local path of the game box file as a query string parameter. It's not on purpose, it's because of the bizarre way ClickOnce handles parameters. It means I could figure out the name of the game box and the name of the folders containing it if I looked into the server logs. So if you don't want me to know which game you're playing, don't launch ZunTzu by double-clicking a gamebox file.

When you host a game or join a game, you send your IP address to my server. This is part of a mechanism that helps computers talk to one another through routers and firewalls (more info here). The hosting player keeps sending messages to my server until he disconnects. The only information sent is your local IP address and your public (global) IP address. Note that when you post on this forum with the same computer, you also disclose your public IP address.

If my server is out of order, you can still launch ZunTzu, and you can still host and join games. It can mean you'll have more work to do to configure your routers and firewalls properly, and you'll have to figure out your public IP address by yourself.
GK1 wrote:2nd any idea if this will work on windows 7?
No idea.
GK1 wrote:Has anyone else been able to get Zun to work on XP64?
To my knowledge, someone tried and failed.
GK1

Post by GK1 »

Well I'm not sure if you made some changes or what But I was just able to Install on my XP64 system with no problems.
If you did thanks
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GK1 wrote:Well I'm not sure if you made some changes or what But I was just able to Install on my XP64 system with no problems.
That's good news! It has nothing to do with me. Maybe a Windows update fixed the issue.