Unable to load ZunTzu on to Windows 10

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Old Jube

Unable to load ZunTzu on to Windows 10

Post by Old Jube »

Help! I am unable to load ZunTzu on to Windows 10. Any advice from some techies? Thanks
Chobham_1980

Welcome!

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Hi Old Jube:

Welcome to the forum . . . Zun Tzu (ZT) needs to be installed by using MS Internet Explorer or the newer MS Edge.

Q. Installation failed. Can you help me?
A. Try this:
* temporarily set Internet Explorer as your default browser.
* make sure you have administrator rights. With Vista and 7, disable the User Account Control.
* install the latest version of the .NET framework from the Microsoft web site.
* install the latest driver for your 3D card.

If this doesn't work, post your results on this thread! We'll get you moving :D

Regards, Rich
Old Jube

Re: Welcome!

Post by Old Jube »

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the reply.

OK, how do I do all those things?

Merv

Chobham_1980 wrote:Hi Old Jube:

Welcome to the forum . . . Zun Tzu (ZT) needs to be installed by using MS Internet Explorer or the newer MS Edge.

Q. Installation failed. Can you help me?
A. Try this:
* temporarily set Internet Explorer as your default browser. How do I do this?
* make sure you have administrator rights. With Vista and 7, disable the User Account Control. I am using Windows 10.
* install the latest version of the .NET framework from the Microsoft web site. Where do I get this from?
* install the latest driver for your 3D card. Dont know if I have a 3D card? How can I check? I have a HP 27-n250na thats 2 years old.

If this doesn't work, post your results on this thread! We'll get you moving :D

Regards, Rich
Chobham_1980

Ok - -Lets get to work!

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Hi Old Jube,

OK, lets get some information about your comuter and software :)

1) What kind of computer machine do you use? (Name brand, Model etc)

2) ZT is designed for Microsoft Windows operating system. What kind of computer operating system do you have on your machine?

a) Micrsoft Windows XP/7/8/10
b) Apple
c) Something else

3) Do you know which internet browser you use? (examples - Google, Internet Explorer, Firefox) Although to download the ZT software, you MUST use MS Internet Explorer browser :idea:

I'll check the forum frequently for your responses :!:
No worries, we will get you playing ZT gameboxes soon :D

Glad to Help, Rich
Old Jube

Re: Ok - -Lets get to work!

Post by Old Jube »

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the reply.

1) I have a HP Pavillion (HP 27-n250na) its about 2 yrs old.

2) It's a PC and operates on a Microsoft Windows operating system. a) Micrsoft Windows 10

3) I use Firefox, but I also have Microsoft Edge. This is what I use when I try to download ZunTzu

I really appreciate your help and hope that I will be playing ZT gameboxes soon.

Thanks

Merv
Chobham_1980

Default Browser

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Hi Merv,

Let's try to set your default browser to MS Edge . . .

1) Go to 'Settings' in Win 10
2) There will be a bunch of tiles, locate the one named "Apps" and select
3) In the next screen, on the left, look for and select "Default Apps"
4) In this screen, look for the heading "Choose Default Apps"; scroll down and locate "Web Browser" and push this button - it will give you the ability to select 'Edge' or the older 'Internet Explorer' (IE) as the default [with newer computers - IE may not be available (?)]

If Edge doesn't work, try IE as the default.

Goto the ZT site and try to download the one-click ZT file!

Let me know what happened . . .
Old Jube

Re: Default Browser

Post by Old Jube »

Hi Rich,
I've done the Edge as a default, which didnt seem to do anything. I installed IE and when I click on the download it seems to open up Edge.

It then seems to run the applications and then the whole PC seems to stall for a little while, then comes back to life, and nothing more.

I have DirectX 12 on the system. Would that make a difference?

Merv

[/img]
Old Jube

Post by Old Jube »

Hi Rich, I set IE as the defaut and accepted the download to my PC. I then ran it directly from my PC using the run as administrator and the same thing happened? So frustrating. :cry:

Merv
Chobham_1980

OK

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Hi Merv,

I deleted my ZT on my computer (XP upgraded to Win 10), and then downloaded the install. It worked fine by 'run' the program rather than 'save' the installer.

Try this:

1) Delete the downloaded installer file on your computer
2) Goto ZT site and press the green intaller button
3) when the Win 10 box shows (at bottom of page) - select 'run'
4) Say 'yes' or 'Ok' to all the boxes that appear - you might get some error message(s) but disregard these error(s)
5) Eventually Win 10 will ask if the file is working properly - just say 'yes'

It should load this way - if not, I have another solution :wink:

No worries - - ZT gaming is just right around the corner . . . Rich
Old Jube

Post by Old Jube »

Hi Rich, nothing I'm afraid. I can see the programme window run then self minimise never to see it again. Sorry.

Merv
Chobham_1980

No Problemo - lets do a trick

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Hi Merv,

Lets go to a trick - - but it will require setting up an empty folder in your computer's 'Document Folder' named ZT or ZunTzu / or really whatever you want to call it . . .

So, goa head and set up the folder (if you need instructions - let me know). But, I have noticed, you likely have the computer skill to set up an empty folder :!:

I need to do some things on my end to prepare the trick - give me a couple of hours - or less . . .

- Rich
Old Jube

Re: No Problemo - lets do a trick

Post by Old Jube »

Hi Rich,
Document folder called ZunTzu created. Awaiting instructions sir.

Merv
Chobham_1980

Ok - Look to your ZT PM

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Hi Merv,

I am uncertain why the download link is not working for your computer. It might be that your NET Framework is not backward compatible. This might be because you have a rather new WIN 10 machine :?: There is a way to see what version you have but there is a need to check the registry. While in the registry, one needs to be very careful not to change a setting. Here is a link to MS on how to do this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... -installed

However only do this if you are comfortable looking at the registry - - always make a new restore point (& backup) before attempting :twisted:

Here is a link to download NET Framework from MS: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=55170 - I am uncertain which version a new Win 10 would need . . . Can anyone in ZT land elucidate?

In the meantime, look to your Private Message area here on ZT. It will lead you to the files needed to get ZT working. Put a post letting us know how it went!

Send me an e-mail if any question arise - Rich
Last edited by Chobham_1980 on 28 Oct 2018, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Chobham_1980

Forgot

Post by Chobham_1980 »

:roll: - I am assuming you know how to get to your PM area:

Look on the left pane of ZT - select the button that says "___ messages" just under the "Profile" button . . . Rich
Last edited by Chobham_1980 on 28 Oct 2018, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Chobham_1980

Re: Default Browser

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Old Jube wrote:Hi Rich,
I've done the Edge as a default, which didnt seem to do anything. I installed IE and when I click on the download it seems to open up Edge.

It then seems to run the applications and then the whole PC seems to stall for a little while, then comes back to life, and nothing more.

I have DirectX 12 on the system. Would that make a difference?

Merv

[/img]

Just to tidy up your question,

I believe DirectX ver. 12 supports older programs that would expect older DirectX versions. I don't think this a problem . . .anyone in ZT land have a more techie answer?

- Rich