Live chat - to find a game

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

GJK

Live chat - to find a game

Post by GJK »

Hi Jerome,

I know that this has been posted before, and I know that you have other issues before you - but I have to say that the #1 thing that is limiting the expansion of ZunTzu into the mainstream "online boardgame" foray is the lack of an opponent finder; ala a live chat or bulletin board for those seeking opponents.

I posted a link to a free java chat that might be useful here; let me know if I can help you with that or in locating another resource. This is sorely needed IMHO. All these great gameboxes but no way to let others know that we have the game and are looking to play it online via ZT.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Beren

Post by Beren »

I agree with you, i talked with a lot of people to show them this great program, but for the moment most of them still prefer Vassal, because of what you are saying and for the inconvenience of playing in Linux and other non windows systems.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I'll see if I can implement a live chat quickly.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
GJK

Post by GJK »

Hi Jerome,

Any updates on this? Tonight I find myself wanting to play some games using ZunTzu but have no way to see if others are playing or interested in playing except to post a note here.

Thanks,
GJK
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

The guys at Zuntzuniacos chat on Lingr.
I've created a room for Engish-speaking ZunTzu users (click here).

I'll try to integrate the chat room in this web site. The Lingr programming interface is fully documented.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
smallman

chat lobby?

Post by smallman »

Jerome wrote:The guys at Zuntzuniacos chat on Lingr.
I've created a room for Engish-speaking ZunTzu users (click here).

I'll try to integrate the chat room in this web site. The Lingr programming interface is fully documented.
That link just brings up a blank page for me. I've only just got this software and it looks great, and I'm sure it would become hugely popular if there was some type of chat lobby that was easy for new people to find (took me a lot of searching to find this link that doesn't work).

Without an easy way to find opponents to play I imagine most will give up on this software very quickly like I am likely to do.

Good luck with a solution.

Cheers.
smallman.