Scripting/Macros....

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

morval

Scripting/Macros....

Post by morval »

Jerome, I know this would be way off in the future, but have you ever considered adding in some kind of a scripting language to ZT?

I know you want to keep it simple, but there are so many more things we could do if we had control of certain properties at runtime. Buttons could be created that do things in a game, properties of tokens could be changed, etc.

Morval
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

One of the strength of ZunTzu is to allow the conversion of a game box without even knowing the rules. At the moment, I'm working on ways to make game box design even simpler.

Also, ZunTzu is meant to make the games feel like they do on the dinner table - which means as few buttons and context menus as possible.

Adding scripting to ZunTzu would oppose both of those two principles.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
bggames01

Post by bggames01 »

Jerome wrote:One of the strength of ZunTzu is to allow the conversion of a game box without even knowing the rules. At the moment, I'm working on ways to make game box design even simpler.

Also, ZunTzu is meant to make the games feel like they do on the dinner table - which means as few buttons and context menus as possible.

Adding scripting to ZunTzu would oppose both of those two principles.
I have come up with a good example where simulating the dinner table would require some special scripting/feature:
The aMAZEing Labyrinth – BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1219

You pick up a tile, and push it into a row or column at one end. Real dinner table physics will push all the cards of that row/column along, pushing out the one at the end for the next player to shove somewhere.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I agree.
And also it could be useful to move pieces along when moving a terrain a la Dungeon Twister.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.