Dice....

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

morval

Dice....

Post by morval »

The dice are great, but I thought I'd add a few ideas for discussion.

I've been fooling around with some gameboxes and just created some custom dice for a game called Descent. Just to see how things work.

The custom dice work awesome!!! Look great, even look like the real thing!

The dice after being rolled come back into the Dice-Hand with the sides rolled showing. This is great for a lot of games.

But there are a few problems that I see (others have pointed some of them out in previous posts).

In Descent you roll a bunch of different coloured dice with different symbols on them. Depending upon certain things you may get to roll more of the same coloured dice or even (I think in Descent, haven't played in a while) re-roll one of your just rolled dice.

So its important to know which dice in the Dice-hand has just been rolled. Its not always going to be easy to remember how many of each colour you rolled.

It would also be nice to be able to click on one of the previously rolled dice and re-roll it.

How to solve the problem. Well there are lots of ways that you are probably already thinking about.

First would be to simply have a Dice Roll History Window, not a perfect solution, but I think you should have this anways!

Another way would be to shade or somehow denote the dice that have be just rolled.

Well thats by $.02 worth. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions and comments in the near future. :)

thanks,

morval
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

"Dockable dice" (dice as counters) will make re-rolls possible.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.