ZunTzu freezes when saving a game (setup)

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

GJK

ZunTzu freezes when saving a game (setup)

Post by GJK »

Jerome,

I finally finished my "300" gamebox and was doing the setup to save as a scenario file but when I go to "FILE > SAVE AS" it just hangs. I have to ctrl-alt-del to quit the zuntzu.exe application. The gamebox appears to work just fine otherwise. Any suggestions? Specs below:

Win 2000 Pro Server
2.0 Ghz Intel processor
1.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA 6600GT video card

Thanks!
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
GJK

Post by GJK »

I may just need to reboot after all the Photoshop work that I was doing; all other gameboxes also freeze when saving.

Nope, didn't do it - still freezes. Tried reloading ZT as well with no luck. :(

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I've never heard of that error before.
Could you see the Save As dialog box, or did ZunTzu freeze before it was displayed?
Were you using removable drives or USB flash drives?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
GJK

Post by GJK »

Yes, it appears to be fine - I go to File > Save As and as soon as I select that emphasis is removed from the main window and it just hangs there though I still get mouse-over effects if I move over the dice or the "show hand" button for example however pressing anything doesn't work.

It's as if though the "Save" dialogue box is opened somewhere but I just can't see it and it's waiting for me to input something.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

That's unfortunate.
All I can give you is a workaround: instead of using the menu, just type "cmd saveas C:\foobar.ztg" (you can choose a different file path of course).
GJK

Post by GJK »

Jerome wrote:That's unfortunate.
All I can give you is a workaround: instead of using the menu, just type "cmd saveas C:\foobar.ztg" (you can choose a different file path of course).
I'll try it tonight, thanks. Just as an FYI, ctrl-S also hung the application.

One thing that I thought about and will look into - previously I had the graphics settings set to best quality and then lowered that and recently reverted it back to best quality again. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GJK wrote:I'll try it tonight, thanks. Just as an FYI, ctrl-S also hung the application.
So you can't save at all. That's weird.
GJK

Post by GJK »

It's foobar for some reason Jerome. I tried resetting my display options but it still hangs. I've gone to windowed mode to see if the "save" dialogue pops up somewhere visible so that I can save but there is no other ZT window. No matter what I do, when I go to "Save As", it hangs. I have to force quit the application. It happens in all modules now where as it never did before.

Question: How/where do I enter the command line work around that you posted? ESC key or what gets to a command line in ZT? I'll try the ESC key....
Jerome wrote:
GJK wrote:I'll try it tonight, thanks. Just as an FYI, ctrl-S also hung the application.
So you can't save at all. That's weird.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GJK wrote:Question: How/where do I enter the command line work around that you posted? ESC key or what gets to a command line in ZT? I'll try the ESC key....
No need to ESC. Just start typing like for sending a chat message. ZunTzu will recognize the text is a command.
GJK

Post by GJK »

Interesting - it saves if I do it from the command line. Otherwise, it still freezes. Any ideas or suggestions? Should I completely remove the application and then reload it perhaps?

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I've got no idea, sorry. :-(
GJK

Post by GJK »

Would there be a possibility that the "Save as" dialogue window is being hidden beneath the ZT application or otherwise not displaying for some reason? I say this because when I go to "Save as", the emphasis from the programs main window is lost (as if it's focused on another window) and then if I try to click on something, I get the "bell" (windows 'default beep' sound) until finally the application is totally frozen and I have to force quit it.

If I bring up the options window, that works fine and displays within the application. Would there be a possibility or a reason that the "save as" dialogue box isn't showing suddenly?

-Dean Vernon Wormer
GJK

Post by GJK »

FYI: I uninstalled ZT and then reinstalled and now the problem is fixed. I don't know why it took me so long to just do that - maybe because I thought that the uninstall/reinstall process would be a detailed one or something.

I still think that my problem was as I described in my previous post above; the Save As window was active but not visible (alt-tab wouldn't reveal it either).

So, back to playing now. :)

-Dean Vernon Wormer