guide complete

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

DarkJo

guide complete

Post by DarkJo »

Hello.

Ask at the autor by this beautiful program: Why You not relased a guide complete?

I not found a guide, for dice, for add texture at dice, why?

Thanks
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi DarkJo!
It's true that the tutorial needs to be updated. I'll try to do it when I have more time.
In the meantime, search this forum for answers. You'll find information relative to custom dice in this topic.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
DarkJo

Post by DarkJo »

Jerome wrote:Hi DarkJo!
It's true that the tutorial needs to be updated. I'll try to do it when I have more time.
In the meantime, search this forum for answers. You'll find information relative to custom dice in this topic.
Ok :)

Thanks for Your time :D
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

Jerome, I have quite a bit of free time and quite a bit of understanding on how zuntzu works, do you want me to help finish out the tutorials? If so give me a small list of what needs to be explained and I will give it a shot.
코끼리가 다람쥐를 먹게 하지 마십시오
GJK

Post by GJK »

I'll start a new thread and post more info once I've had time to finish it - if it is deemed that this would be of service to others, but I've begun to build a browser based ZunTzu Gamebox builder. Basically, you answer the simple questions regarding the gamebox that you are wanting to make and then the application writes out the XML code that you can download and/or copy paste.

I'm guessing that for many, editing the XML code directly is a fairly simple thing to do. Perhaps for others though, it is a more daunting task. What I'm hoping to do with this web based application is to take the guess-work out of the process. I also hope to have error checking in that if you name an image file one name and then reference it with another, a warning will pop up....that type of thing. Actually, I hope to have it all automated so that if you name a map with a certain name, that name auto populates the start up scenario file (which I plan to have it include as well).

A preview of this can be seen http://www.garykrockover.com/zuntzu/gamebox1.html Here. Note that I'm only in the beginning stages, so this is by no means a functional tool at this point.

I would be interested to hear from others though that might think that this would be helpful, or if it's just something that wouldn't be useful.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Redcap wrote:Jerome, I have quite a bit of free time and quite a bit of understanding on how zuntzu works, do you want me to help finish out the tutorials? If so give me a small list of what needs to be explained and I will give it a shot.
Hi Redcap! Thanks for the help proposal.

What needs to be explained:
- how to use playing cards during game
- how to use terrains during game
- how to design a game box with cards
- how to design a game box with terrains (as tiles or geomorphic maps)
- how to design dice with custom textures
- the differences between counters, cards and terrain from a designer's point of view

More generally, it would be great if the tutorial was better organized, maybe like the one in the excellent Ludo magazine. See this thread for a link to Ludo.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GJK wrote:I would be interested to hear from others though that might think that this would be helpful, or if it's just something that wouldn't be useful.
Hi Gary! I have to warn you I have a similar project in progress called ZunTzu Designer. It's not ready yet, so your idea certainly has value. But don't spend too much time on it. And if you do don't curse me when ZunTzu Designer is out! :wink:
Zilf

Post by Zilf »

The Idea of a Zuntzu Gamebox builder along the lines of GJK's is an excellent idea. Ive been to GJK's website and looked at the example. The program would make things so much easier for newbs like me. I have no problems making the images with photoshop but have no idea when it comes to programming.

Zuntzu is an excellent idea. Id like to say thankyou to Jerome . Also id like to thank all the people who Volunteer their help to Jerome and to the community.

Zilf
Epaminonda

Post by Epaminonda »

I agree with zilf, GDK idea was great. As well as many I guess I too couldn't follow this forum as it deserves and so missed to add my support. However, especially now that I'm finally put an effort to make my first game box, I see the great value a tool, for editing the xml code, would be.
I've tried with a couple of xml tools, but it didn't work out due they are not able to validate against a schema or dtd file, so you don't get out any benefit from them. So, GDK, your initiative wasn't a waste of time. Before reading these posts (which I just came across searching the forum looking to see if someone may have suggested some XML tools really worth for game-box editing, as by hand it is too error prone I believe), I too have had a thought to build an apposite tool. Good I checked first.
:)

Hi Gary! I have to warn you I have a similar project in progress called ZunTzu Designer. It's not ready yet, so your idea certainly has value. But don't spend too much time on it. And if you do don't curse me when ZunTzu Designer is out! Wink

So Jerome, is there any chance it will be soon available? I really look forward to see it.

Giorgio
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Epaminonda wrote:So Jerome, is there any chance it will be soon available? I really look forward to see it.
It is not finished yet. Here is a screenshot of my development version.

Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Looks superb Jerome :D

How much longer do you think it'll take?

This really looks like a killer app for ZunTzu...
tycho216

Post by tycho216 »

Kudos Jerome! You've outdone yourself again! :-) I will wait patiently.
Zilf

Post by Zilf »

Well Jerome it looks like you have done it again. :D
I managed to complete a simple gamebox with the help of Jerome and tycho216, with a lot more practice I think I would eventually be able to make gamebox's which were more complex. However with the creation of a tool such as this it will save a lot of time and effort for everyone.
ChubRock

Post by ChubRock »

I'm guessing this is not using the source code I wrote?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

ChubRock wrote:I'm guessing this is not using the source code I wrote?
No it is not, ChubRock. I have started all over from my original source code to avoid authorship issues.