Panzer Leader

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Alejo

Panzer Leader

Post by Alejo »

Hi all,
I´ve finished an " AH Panzer Leader" Gamebox which in short I think will be available to download.
I used on it the art work present at the http://www.imaginative-strategist.layfigures.com/ (which Ward McBurney authorized me to use)
Those maps and counters are really awesome. I would recommend everybody to take al look at it.
Also, it was nice to see how well Zun Tzu manages rotational maps with the function "Edit Terrain".
Thanks for this great software.

PD: it has 26 mb... where could I upload it?
evildead

Post by evildead »

Hi Alejo,
i 'm working on a similar project :lol: which includes the Panzerblitz modified/plconverted counters ( in progress) and any more materials like CV3/33 Flamenthrower, german spzb 28/20, sdkf 221/28 or para's 75/SR.
My main concern is the "operationnal range" of medium/heavy machine-guns.

Can you tell me more about your gamebox ? Is-it just the basic PL or a larger one?
Alejo

Post by Alejo »

Hi evildead,
well, my gamebox has all the counters needed for the german, british and american OB´s, so you could make any scenario you can imagin with it. It actually has the four PL basic maps, but I could easily add the rest of the maps wich you can find at "imaginative strategist" website (and a hughe number of desert maps). The problem is that each one has 2 mb, so by doing that the gamebox could rise from the current 25 mb to 20 more if I add ten maps. But the good thing with this is that you culd play a WF 1940 scenario or a 1945 one. Of course if you don´t have a problem with a gamebox which has 45 or more Mb.
Currently it doesn´t have the Italian OB, but it shouldn´t take more than 3 or 4 Mb´s.
If you give me youre e-mail, I could send you a few images of the gamebox.
S!
evildead

Post by evildead »

For the "How to upload", i remember a friend of mine built a large gamebox and to avoid the uploading concerns, he created a free internet storage site via his internet access suppliers' facilities (Orange ). So i could download the files (roughly 10Mo).
"Rapid share" can work but shall last till 90 days if no download occures. :cry:
evildead

Post by evildead »

Hi i found the site "media fire", it is used by creators of modules for vassal, they upload them there.

http://www.mediafire.com/

up to you 8) :wink:
Alejo

Post by Alejo »

Ok, thanks for the info about mediafire. If everything works fine, it should be uploaded this weekend.
evildead

Post by evildead »

Did you succeed :?:
Alejo

Post by Alejo »

Ok, I´ve uploaded the gamebox to mediafire and sent a message to jerome.
S!
evildead

Post by evildead »

Hi,
I don't see your gamebox in the list. Please, can you write me where I can download it ?
Alejo

Post by Alejo »

This is the sharing URL for the gamebox

http://www.mediafire.com/?lpt9n33nfgj
evildead

Post by evildead »

I have downloaded it, thank you. i have troubles with terrains, i can't get them. They are not in the game box but in the .ztb file and when i loaded it with zuntzu i got an error message. Maybe something goes wrong in the xml file (terrain declaration). All the other sheets are ok and great quality. Good job
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

evildead wrote:I have downloaded it, thank you. i have troubles with terrains, i can't get them. They are not in the game box but in the .ztb file and when i loaded it with zuntzu i got an error message. Maybe something goes wrong in the xml file (terrain declaration). All the other sheets are ok and great quality. Good job
I think you need to select the edit terrains icon to see the maps. That's what I did.

There are errors in the game box (a lot), but they're not critical - it still works. I don't think they'd be too much trouble to fix, but I haven't had the time to look at it yet.
Alejo

Post by Alejo »

I haven´t had any problems with mine.. Only an error message the first time I used it, but it never appeared again. On the terrain Tab I had put an explanation on how to use the "edit terrain" tool, so every time you need to set up a different board configuration (select different maps and rotate them), you will be able to do it. Isn´t the explanation there?

Bill, Feel free to upgrade anything you think that can be corrected... as it is it can be used without any problem, and it has a very good board and counters level of detail.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Hi Alejo, the errors only show up when you add the game box to your library for the first time and all seem to be: unsupported tag "<Text:. with the line number. It looks like you've put in a lot of unnecessary "/>" at the end of lines.

To avoid confusion when the game box loads, it might be better to get it to load up in Terrain editing mode - so users can see the Terrain Tab on start-up.

Also 2 of your counter sheets (American Para and Brit Inf2) have got the wrong coordinates at the bottom (mostly affecting the size of the Glider counters). By looking at your game-box.xml file it looks like you've 6 instead of 4 counter-section definition lines on these 2 sheets.

Other than that - Lovely job :)
evildead

Post by evildead »

Hi Alejo, my second test works well, maybe i mistook last time :oops: . Bill is right, the error message only appear once and no more trouble later on (IT are full of surprises :) ). Very impressive work indeed. :wink: :lol: