What can we do?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Redcap

What can we do?

Post by Redcap »

Jerome I am just so impressed with how hard you are working on Zuntzu and I am just afraid that you aren't getting as much out of this program as you are putting into it. As soon as I get some extra cash (may be a while) I am going to donate that way. But is there something else in the mean time that we can do to help you and show our appreciation for such an awesome program. I am just afraid you are going to get burnt out and stop doing all you do and I just want to see if there is anything we can do to help the project roll along.

So in the mean time, thank you.
코끼리가 다람쥐를 먹게 하지 마십시오
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: What can we do?

Post by Jerome »

Redcap wrote:But is there something else in the mean time that we can do to help you and show our appreciation for such an awesome program. I am just afraid you are going to get burnt out and stop doing all you do and I just want to see if there is anything we can do to help the project roll along.
Good point!
Here are the areas where help would be welcome:

Making game boxes and sharing them

Having games boxes readily available is a great way to attract new users and demonstrate ZunTzu's strengths. Make more! :D

Building an active community

This is an area for which I'm lacking both skills and ideas. A lot of potential users still haven't heard about ZunTzu. Spread the word!
I have seen great ideas like the IRC channel. I'm sure there's plenty of things to do. If some of you have ideas for this web site, I'll be glad to pronounce them webmasters and give them the keys to the web site. Endless bandwidth to spare!

Translating ZunTzu

I'm still looking for a German translator, and maybe a Japanese one.

Helping with the development

I'll be happy to work with serious C# developers, ready to invest plenty of time into the project. It wouldn't be an open source community (a fork of ZunTzu would be a catastrophy), but rather a close circle of developers sharing a common vision and who know how to set their priorities. I hope it doesn't sound boring because actually it's fun and highly technical.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
TGov

Post by TGov »

I think one good way to increase the visibility of ZunTzu is the availability of more mainstream games. Wargamers are always going to be able to find something that enables them to play online, as it is harder for most people to find wargame opponents. However, if you add in more mainstream games like the ones that already have in TTR, Amyitis, Tikal and others more and more people will at least check them out. Also the addition of some sort of matchmaker lobby would make this community really explode I think.

ZunTzu is great as it is, but I can only see it getting better.
ChubRock

Post by ChubRock »

I'm a C# developer and I love your tool. I may be interested in helping with the development. I actually have my own software Deck Designer:

http://home.rochester.rr.com/sandalampora/deckdesigner/

which was designed for creating decks for the game Epic Duels. (Actually, my personal version allows the creation of decks for ANY card game but I haven't released that one yet.)

I even included a feature for exporting decks to ZunTzu.

Decks I've created so far (all games I own):

Epic Duels (of course)
Calaboose
Mammia Mia! / Sole Mio!
Gang of Four
Standard 52 card deck
Saboteur
Guillotine
Loot

and maybe more, that's all I can remember right now.

So let me know if there is something I can do to help with the development, though I'm not sure how much time I would have available.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

ChubRock wrote:So let me know if there is something I can do to help with the development, though I'm not sure how much time I would have available.
Thanks ChubRock! I'm preparing a mail for you with more information.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.