Commands and Colors: Ancients

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

TGov

Commands and Colors: Ancients

Post by TGov »

I am nearly completed with a gamebox for Commands and Colors: Ancients. At the moment it will include all of the scenarios in the base game. I hope to add Scenario X support soon. If some of the features in the pipeline for ZunTzu come out in the near future I will try to get the first two expansions done as well. Specifically the ability to have more than 2 "faces" to a counter, making it easier for troop strength reduction instead of swapping out units like you have to now when you go from 3 to 2 unit strength.

That being said I am pretty happy with the results so far, I just need to make up a readme file and send it off to GMT for approval. Here are some screenies in the meantime. I have really enjoyed making this module for ZunTzu and thanks to Jerome for all of the help getting me going! I hope people find this gamebox useful and enjoyable as I have put about 100 hours or more into it...lol

TGov

Post by TGov »

I am interested in doing a Memoir 44 gamebox as well as DoW doesn't seem opposed to ZunTzu gameboxes. I would like to do something similar to the style that I have done C&C:A with the 3d blocks but using actual figures instead. I am trying to find some low poly 3d models of WWII tanks and infantry I could tweak and use for the units. The only thing I could find so far is a Abrams tank....lol. The screen below gives you an idea of what I am talking about. I could take pictures of the units I have but the quality would probably be kinda crappy.

Anybody have any ideas on how I could do this? I guess I could just use blocks again and put the unit icons on there or something but I would really like to make it look like the real game as much as possible.

Thanks

TGov