I've really screwed things up! "Application cannot star

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

sedjtroll

I've really screwed things up! "Application cannot star

Post by sedjtroll »

Last August I downloaded Zun Tzu, loaded up a gamebox that a friend had made, connected with 3 other people in three other states, and everything was groovy. I haven't used it since.

Today I tried to load up a new gamebox. When I opened the program, the first thing it did was search for updates, which seemed to work fine. Then it automatically opened a wizard to make sure my USB microphone thing was working properly, which I believe it did last time as well. That too seemed fine. Then all of a sudden it gave me an error message, stating that the program had a problem and had to stop.

After that message a couple of times I got a different message, the program simply would not start - it wouldn't open the new gamebox file, nor the old one which used to work, nor the program by itself. I tried uninstalling and re-downloading the program (more than once), and still nothing. I tried a System Restore, going back as far as I could, still nothing.

In fact, and I'm not sure what caused this, but now the program won't even try to start. I simply get an "Application cannot be started" dialog. And I can't seem to uninstall it anymore either. When I get home I can post the more detailed info the error message gives if you ask - it means nothing to me, but maybe you can tell by that what's wrong.

I'm so confused!

- Seth
fanaka66

Re: I've really screwed things up! "Application cannot

Post by fanaka66 »

Seth,

I'm getting the same problem right now...it tries to update and then immediately crashes.

-mikep
sedjtroll wrote:Last August I downloaded Zun Tzu, loaded up a gamebox that a friend had made, connected with 3 other people in three other states, and everything was groovy. I haven't used it since.

Today I tried to load up a new gamebox. When I opened the program, the first thing it did was search for updates, which seemed to work fine. Then it automatically opened a wizard to make sure my USB microphone thing was working properly, which I believe it did last time as well. That too seemed fine. Then all of a sudden it gave me an error message, stating that the program had a problem and had to stop.

After that message a couple of times I got a different message, the program simply would not start - it wouldn't open the new gamebox file, nor the old one which used to work, nor the program by itself. I tried uninstalling and re-downloading the program (more than once), and still nothing. I tried a System Restore, going back as far as I could, still nothing.

In fact, and I'm not sure what caused this, but now the program won't even try to start. I simply get an "Application cannot be started" dialog. And I can't seem to uninstall it anymore either. When I get home I can post the more detailed info the error message gives if you ask - it means nothing to me, but maybe you can tell by that what's wrong.

I'm so confused!

- Seth
sedjtroll

"Application cannot be started" error details...

Post by sedjtroll »

The error message says simply "Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor."

When clicking the Details button, I get the following:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.832
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///D:/Incoming/ZunTzu.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of D:\Incoming\ZunTzu.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [4/10/2008 4:08:40 AM] : Activation of D:\Incoming\ZunTzu.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [4/10/2008 4:08:41 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
Any thoughts on what's wrong? I have no idea, and I can no longer uninstall the program, let alone run it. :(
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I'm sorry you can't launch ZunTzu anymore. :(

The problem seems to come from the installation process, even before ZunTzu starts running, which makes me think that your user profile may be corrupt.
Can you do this test? Create a new Windows user. Log in as that new user. Install ZunTzu.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.