looking for a "No War But Murder" game

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Epaminonda

looking for a "No War But Murder" game

Post by Epaminonda »

Hi,

I'm learning this game, which looks very promising. It shares the rules already used by Avalon Hill in "Thunder at Cassino", "Breakout Normandy" and another couple of titles at least. I have played a lot those 2 titles, but many years ago.
I'm a old grognard, who doesn't really play since 10 years ago. But you know, once wargamer always wargamer and now I discovered ZunTzu and Vassal, the fever is back :twisted:

My real problem is my timezone (GMT+10), which reduce a lot the opportunities, but who knows, maybe there others living in near timezones.
In this case I can play other games too, but the rules must be available, in case I don't own the relative game.
BigDave57

Re: looking for a "No War But Murder" game

Post by BigDave57 »

Hello
I would be interested in playing. I have the physical game. I live in Los Angeles

Dave
Epaminonda wrote:Hi,
I'm learning this game, which looks very promising. It shares the rules already used by Avalon Hill in "Thunder at Cassino", "Breakout Normandy" and another couple of titles at least. I have played a lot those 2 titles, but many years ago.
I'm a old grognard, who doesn't really play since 10 years ago. But you know, once wargamer always wargamer and now I discovered ZunTzu and Vassal, the fever is back :twisted:

My real problem is my timezone (GMT+10), which reduce a lot the opportunities, but who knows, maybe there others living in near timezones.
In this case I can play other games too, but the rules must be available, in case I don't own the relative game.
Epaminonda

Post by Epaminonda »

BigDave57 wrote:Hello
I would be interested in playing. I have the physical game. I live in Los Angeles

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm very available till this Saturday (with a few exceptions I will do my best to work out, if you are a married guy with kids, you surely know what I mean :roll: )
here a link to a page that show our timezones one side each others.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/meeting- ... n=4&Y=2008

Tell me which range better suits you and we are almost in business. As this would be my first time playing with ZunTzu against someone else, at least (I will have a little bit of a learning curve, but I'm positive we will overcome the possible problems).
I will be back in a little while, to discuss the technical details (who host who and the like)

BTW, I'm a very relaxed kind of player, meaning I'm not the competitive kind, also because the games of our hobby too often present rules ambiguities, which can't be faced in any other way than constructively. I guess the first time, it should be better to stick just with the basic rules, but as the optional and advanced rules, seem not that difficult, I'm fine to adopt them since the first game.
I'm fine to play with either side and hope we will have the opportunity to explore both sides potential (Said that, I think I will do my best to beat you :D).

Looking forward for pure wargamer fun.
Giorgio
BigDave57

Post by BigDave57 »

Epaminonda wrote:

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm very available till this Saturday (with a few exceptions I will do my best to work out, if you are a married guy with kids, you surely know what I mean :roll: )

Tell me which range better suits you and we are almost in business. As this would be my first time playing with ZunTzu against someone else, at least (I will have a little bit of a learning curve, but I'm positive we will overcome the possible problems).
I will be back in a little while, to discuss the technical details (who host who and the like)

BTW, I'm a very relaxed kind of player, meaning I'm not the competitive kind, also because the games of our hobby too often present rules ambiguities, which can't be faced in any other way than constructively. I guess the first time, it should be better to stick just with the basic rules, but as the optional and advanced rules, seem not that difficult, I'm fine to adopt them since the first game.
I'm fine to play with either side and hope we will have the opportunity to explore both sides potential (Said that, I think I will do my best to beat you :D).

Giorgio
Why don't you contact me at dsglenn54@ca.rr.com
BigDave57

Post by BigDave57 »

BigDave57 wrote:
Epaminonda wrote:

Dave
Australia huh? Why don't you contact me on my regular email dsglenn54@ca.rr.com

Dave

Hi Dave,

Giorgio
Why don't you contact me at dsglenn54@ca.rr.com
BigDave57

Post by BigDave57 »

Epaminonda wrote:Hi,

Hello

I have played this game but I live in California

Dave
Looking to play any of these games:
A3R
Battle for Moscow
Blitz 40
VG Civil War
Command and Colors
Fance 40
Hitlers War
JPs Third Reich