Few Questions and Thoughts

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Redcap

Few Questions and Thoughts

Post by Redcap »

Got a new computer, woot, and noticed that ZunTzu isn't designed for widescreen monitors. That is fine, but just a feature that would be a nice detail. Also any word on a hosting service for gameboxes and players?
코끼리가 다람쥐를 먹게 하지 마십시오
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Few Questions and Thoughts

Post by Jerome »

Redcap wrote:Got a new computer, woot, and noticed that ZunTzu isn't designed for widescreen monitors.
It is! Look for the widescreen check box in the display settings.
It makes all players switch to widescreen. Players with 4:3 screens will see black bands on top and bottom of the screen.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

Nice, thanks again.
코끼리가 다람쥐를 먹게 하지 마십시오
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd piggyback onto this one, since it's served its purpose.

I recently altered my Icehouse gamebox, and, predictably, got an error when I tried to add it to my library. The XML error-code, however, is truncated by the textbox, and there's no way to read what it says in its entirety, and as it stands, the visible portion isn't clear enough.

Is there any way to retrieve the full error message?

Also, I have games in which you place small tokens on top of panels, and these panels are then moved, with the tokens staying in place relative to the panel, since they sit on top, rather than on the board. Could "panel" functionality be included, perhaps? Panels could work like terrains, in that they are locked unless in terrain editing mode, but would keep tokens in place as they were moved, unlike terrain, which sit beneath the tokens, and the two don't directly interact. Possible?
jwarrend

Post by jwarrend »

Hedge-o-Matic wrote: Also, I have games in which you place small tokens on top of panels, and these panels are then moved, with the tokens staying in place relative to the panel, since they sit on top, rather than on the board. Could "panel" functionality be included, perhaps? Panels could work like terrains, in that they are locked unless in terrain editing mode, but would keep tokens in place as they were moved, unlike terrain, which sit beneath the tokens, and the two don't directly interact. Possible?
Alternatively, I think just being able to "shift-click" -- to select multiple counters and move them as a group without altering their relative position -- would accomplish this and would be useful in general for other reasons. I think that capability may already be in the roadmap.

-Jeff
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

jwarrend wrote:Alternatively, I think just being able to "shift-click" -- to select multiple counters and move them as a group without altering their relative position -- would accomplish this and would be useful in general for other reasons. I think that capability may already be in the roadmap.
Yes it is.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.