installation errors, Firefox

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

matildadad

installation errors, Firefox

Post by matildadad »

hello,

I have been trying to install your software, but the ZunTzu setup application does not seem to be able to download the necessary components. I am running Firefox with FFClickOnce.

As setup was not downloading the .NET framework, I downloaded and installed it manually directly from the Microsoft web site, as you suggested another user to do in this forum.

But then, setup does not download the main ZunTzu application either, reporting this error:
An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.zuntzu.com/install/ZunTzu.application'
Can you help?

thanks
matildadad

Post by matildadad »

If this can help, here is the installation log after the process fails:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.42
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
Deployment url : http://www.zuntzu.com/install/ZunTzu.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://www.zuntzu.com/install/ZunTzu.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading http://www.zuntzu.com/install/ZunTzu.application did not succeed.
+ Unable to connect to the remote server
+ A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [11/05/2008 00:22:38] : Activation of http://www.zuntzu.com/install/ZunTzu.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [11/05/2008 00:23:12] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading http://www.zuntzu.com/install/ZunTzu.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Unable to connect to the remote server
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
- A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Thanks
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi!
Apparently the deployment system on your computer was unable to get the files from this web site.
Make sure you're not behind a proxy.
Have you tried to install using Internet Explorer?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
matildadad

Post by matildadad »

Hi Jerome, thanks for your reply.
Apparently the deployment system on your computer was unable to get the files from this web site.
Make sure you're not behind a proxy.
No, no proxies, I even thought it was a Firewall problem, but switching off the Firewall and running the setup again did not help.

Have you tried to install using Internet Explorer?
My Internet Explorer 7 does not seem to want to connect with my broadband router, at the moment :? it used to connect fine pre-broadband,
I wonder if that is what's stopping Firefox to download the files?

I thought that with the ClickOnce extension I would only need Firefox to install, regardless of Explorer. Does ZunTzu always need Explorer 'in the background', as it were?

Thanks!
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

matildadad wrote:I thought that with the ClickOnce extension I would only need Firefox to install, regardless of Explorer. Does ZunTzu always need Explorer 'in the background', as it were?
Normally, it should work with Firefox and the FFClickOnce extension, as long as Internet Explorer has not been manually uninstalled.
I guess that ClickOnce uses the same network settings as Internet Explorer. If I'm right then it means you need to have Internet Explorer connect properly through your broadband connection before you can install ZunTzu.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
matildadad

Post by matildadad »

I managed to fix Internet Explorer, and I was immediately able to install ZunTzu from Firefox (!)

:)

Looks like Explorer is a prerequisite... thanks for your help. Now to explore your wonderful software!