New gamebox

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

MAZ

New gamebox

Post by MAZ »

You can know play Tikal with ZunTzu. There is two scenarios into the box: normal and expert. Don't forget to shuffle tiles and treasure before playing.
Enjoy !
MAZ

Re: New gamebox

Post by MAZ »

New game box available: Lost Cities
Enjoy it ! 8)
MAZ

Post by MAZ »

New game box available: Carcassonne
Raydancer

Post by Raydancer »

Awesome...it's nice that Carcassonne and Lost Cities are language independent.
MAZ

Post by MAZ »

Raydancer wrote:Awesome...it's nice that Carcassonne and Lost Cities are language independent.
Sure ! And that's the case too for... Ticket to Ride ! Available now !
Enjoy! 8)
Organisation de parties zuntzu: irc.quakenet.org, canal: #zuntzu
spearjr

Post by spearjr »

You rock! Thank you very much for all these awesome gameboxes.
GJK

Post by GJK »

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GJK wrote:In the works, Conflict of Heroes
Nice! :)
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
GJK

Post by GJK »

Thanks Jerome, once I get the "ok", I'll have that available for public distribution.

One thing that has come up, and I think that it's been addressed before, but it's about hidden units. Conflict of Heroes has some scenarios where one or both players may have hidden units. I realize that there's the option to "Hide Board" where hidden units could be placed, but it's no secret that your opponent could be shifting pieces around without your knowledge there. VASSAL has the option to "Conceal" pieces on the main playing map and then of course, if the module designer has done his job, anything that is moved has that move echoed to the chat window - so there's no chance to sneak something around without it showing in the chat window. Are there similar plans for ZunTzu or have you worked out some other way to handle hidden units (would apply to "block games as well" I suppose)?

And this is way off the topic and may get lost, but another suggestion would be to allow the user to adjust the font size for the chat window. On a 1600x1200 screen, it's quite small, and the "blue" player's font color is quite hard to read on the black to top it off.

Thanks!

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GJK wrote:One thing that has come up, and I think that it's been addressed before, but it's about hidden units.
Most Fog of War mechanisms in real games have flaws. What I would like to do is emulate those mechanisms, without even trying to mitigate the flaws:
  • units which identity is hidden from the other player (Stratego, block wargames): that will be achieved through wooden blocks. Tournament-safe if I can find a way to randomly shuffle blocks.
  • secret order sheets that can be revealed to the other player (strategic air missions in the Fleet series): already implemented through the hidden boards. Not tournament-safe: anything can be moved on the hidden board.
  • stacks that can't be examined by the other player (question mark counters in Squad Leader). The opponent can't tell which stacks are real and which ones are decoys. Not implemented yet. Tournament-safe.
  • secret placement or movement, recorded in written form: that will be implemented using a timestamped journal. Tournament-safe but not very user-friendly.
  • refereed double-blind play: a third player controls what each player knows of his opponent. Tournament-safe but not very practical.
GJK wrote:another suggestion would be to allow the user to adjust the font size for the chat window. On a 1600x1200 screen, it's quite small, and the "blue" player's font color is quite hard to read on the black to top it off.
Thanks for reporting that. ;-)
buks

Post by buks »

Just added Battle for Moscow to the modules list.

ZT is ace ! And seeing as BfM is cardless and only has 1 scenario it was quite simple to put together (a huge advantage over Vassal in my humble opinion).

The Conflict of Heroes module that Gary is doing is looking excellent !

Buks
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Thanks Buks!
fixpix

CoH module questions

Post by fixpix »

I have 2 questions about Conflict of Heroes module:

1. Why is PSHs SMG squad range = 3? Every other image of the squad shows a range of 6.
2. This is more of a sugestion. Wouldn't it be better to have the German and Russian track sheets in the same window with the map? There's a lot of flipping back and forth through the windows since the counters on the track sheets move at the same time with the counters on the map. Saves time and annoyance to have them both in one window.
GJK

Re: CoH module questions

Post by GJK »

fixpix wrote:I have 2 questions about Conflict of Heroes module:

1. Why is PSHs SMG squad range = 3? Every other image of the squad shows a range of 6.
2. This is more of a sugestion. Wouldn't it be better to have the German and Russian track sheets in the same window with the map? There's a lot of flipping back and forth through the windows since the counters on the track sheets move at the same time with the counters on the map. Saves time and annoyance to have them both in one window.
#1 You'll have to ask the game designer but my guess would be because those are SMG squads and not Rifle squads (which have a range of 5, not 6 - may be hard to see in the screenshot). I think that this question has actually come up on BGG.com, so you might check there for the debate.

#2 Nope, we found in playing that it works much better on their own tabs. With the cards beside the map, you have to zoom out and scroll over to where the track sheets are for every adjustment that you need to make where as with the tabbed window, you get the track sheet front and center no matter where you are on the map by simply clicking over to it.

However, I am debating on adding a marker or token (octagon shaped) that would be numbered from 7 down to 0 that you could put next to the moving unit that you'd rotate to indicate the remaining APs instead of using the track sheet to record those. I'll implement and then experiment with that some time today hopfefully.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
fixpix

Re: CoH module questions

Post by fixpix »

GJK wrote: #1 You'll have to ask the game designer but my guess would be because those are SMG squads and not Rifle squads (which have a range of 5, not 6 - may be hard to see in the screenshot). I think that this question has actually come up on BGG.com, so you might check there for the debate.
Hmmm. Maybe the question was not so clear. I'll try again with pictures. Take a look on this image, it shows the unit range as being 6. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/310390. Or here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/348771?size=original, the same units are having range 6. Now, the same unit (not rifles), the very same unit, PPSh SMG squad, has range of 3 in the Zun Tzu module. My guess is that you received wrong files from the designer and you should ask for the correct ones.