Handling cards

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

GJK

Handling cards

Post by GJK »

Jerome or others,

It is my understanding that since cards are unique in that they stack but aren't considered a "stack", you can't simply 2x click to flip over an entire deck at once. So, to flip over a discard pile that is then used again you need to individually flip each card and restack and then re-shuffle - is this correct? Is there no shortcut to simply flip a deck of cards over so that they can then be re-shuffled?

As an aside, I played on a local network game of Assault on Hoth with my son last night and the connection was flawless and the game ran smoothly even on my sons aging computer. It was quite enjoyable!
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Handling cards

Post by Jerome »

Hi Gary!

Cards do stack. The difference with regular counters is that the stack doesn't automatically spread when the mouse cursor is over it. You need to keep the Ctrl key pressed down to make the stack spread.

With the Ctrl key down you can flip, rotate or move the entire stack by pointing the bottom-most card with the mouse cursor (just like for a regular counter stack).

Something worth bringing up: when the draw pile is exhausted, some games requires you to flip the discard pile over to change it into a new draw pile. If the game requires the order to be preserved (no shuffling) it is not enough to flip all the cards: you must also invert their order using the "invert" icon (next to the "shuffle" icon).
As an aside, I played on a local network game of Assault on Hoth with my son last night and the connection was flawless and the game ran smoothly even on my sons aging computer. It was quite enjoyable!
Thanks for the feedback! :)
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.