PDF to image

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Edgar

PDF to image

Post by Edgar »

Hi, I have some pdfs with cards inside, and I would like to use them in my gamebox.. but first I should convert them to image format. Anyone knows how to do that?

And not, copying to clipboard is not an option, because to copy all the text would be so small.. And yes, I could copy piece by piece, but I would like to know if there is any way to do that at once and quickly.

Thanks.
lclaudius

Re: PDF to image

Post by lclaudius »

Edgar wrote:Hi, I have some pdfs with cards inside, and I would like to use them in my gamebox.. but first I should convert them to image format. Anyone knows how to do that?

And not, copying to clipboard is not an option, because to copy all the text would be so small.. And yes, I could copy piece by piece, but I would like to know if there is any way to do that at once and quickly.

Thanks.
I had this problem once. I used Corel Draw to read the pdf files and exported them as jpeg bitmaps.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

You can rasterize PDF files by opening them with Photoshop. I think you can also do the same with The Gimp.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
GJK

Post by GJK »

In Acrobat with the pdf opened: File > Save as then select .tiff. Those can then be opened and edited in an image editing program.

Note that I have Acrobat Professional, so not sure if that's an option with the free reader.... :?:
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
hebus

Post by hebus »

You can use Foxit PDF Editor. Not free, but 30 days trial.
cosimus2000

Post by cosimus2000 »

You can print the PDF-File with "PDFCreator" (an OpenSource-Prog -> http://www.pdfforge.org/) and save it as PNG / TIFF / JPEG / BMP, you can als ajust the dpi-settings. With this program you can do every document which is printable to a PNG / TIFF / JPEG / BMP / PDF / PCX / PS / EPS.
Mir nach, Ich folge Euch!
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

One last piece of advice.
When you rasterize the PDF, you will be asked for a resolution.
Try rasterizing the PDF to double resolution (600 dpi), and then downsize the image to 50% (to 300 dpi) in your bitmap graphics editor. The result may be better looking than if you rasterize directly to 300 dpi.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

Thanks to all of you, the answers have been very helpful. :D