ZunTzu 1.2 is out!

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Jerome
Site Admin

ZunTzu 1.2 is out!

Post by Jerome »

ZunTzu is now in version 1.2. Here is a list of features added since version 1.1:
  • Terrains tiles, overlays and geomorphic maps. Terrains can be used in numerous ways, for instance to build gigantic boards by joining several fragments, or to prepare scenarios before play, or even to change the layout of the board during play.

• Private off-map boards. They can be used to conceal order sheets or organization displays.

• Better card handling: use Space as a shortcut to bring counters and cards into your hand. Also cards in your hand pop up so you don't need to enlarge your hand panel to read the text on your cards.
  • Languages: ZunTzu is now in English, French, Italian and Portuguese.

• Better networking: improved assistance with firewalls.
  • Tab scroller to support games with lots of boards.

• Scenarios can specify alternate text for tab labels.
  • 3D sound positioning for an improved experience when two players or more are speaking.
  • Unobtrusive sound effects: card shuffles, dice rolls, player joining.
  • For users without mouse wheels: rotate counters with the arrow keys.
  • Improved texture compression: faster loading and better visual quality.
  • Better error diagnostics for game box authors.

• New option for game box authors: encrypted image files.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Everything looks great Jerome!!!

Now, a feature request. One of ZunTzu's strengths is it's ease or use....especially building gameboxes. So I would not want to see that changed. However, it would be nice if a builder could add properties to certain counters. For example, I would like to delete ALL the administrative markers at the end of the turn by pushing one hot button. Rather than trying to add this property to the counters themselves...like VASSAL...would it be possible to add that property to the Tab countaining those counters? Lets say I have a Tab with the units, a tab with markers that remain in play until they need to be deleted, and a tab with markers that are deleted at the end of every turn. Could a property be added in the game-box.xml indicating that all the markers in this last tab can be deleted by use of a keyboard, or button, shortcut?

This would be cool in games like ASL, which use lots of Admin Markers!!!

Thanks,
Bill

BTW: Still cannot create an online session in Windows Vista...."Can't start server. Error in application"
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Ichibrothers wrote:Everything looks great Jerome!!!
Thanks! :D
Ichibrothers wrote:I would like to delete ALL the administrative markers at the end of the turn by pushing one hot button.
Yes, I know of the issue with ASL markers. Although one could argue that there's no magic button in real life I see how such a feature could be of great benefit to players.
I like your idea of defining the mechanism at the tab level.
The next version of ZunTzu will have more options to enable or disable game mechanisms at will during the game. The idea is to keep the game boxes creation simple and to invest the scenarios with rich, game mechanism-oriented features. The scenario building will take place entirely in ZunTzu, no more XML.
I'll try to make your idea one of the features in 1.3.
Ichibrothers wrote:BTW: Still cannot create an online session in Windows Vista...."Can't start server. Error in application"
I still need to work on that problem. Thanks to remind me.
Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Thanks for quick reply Jerome!! Sounds great!

Thanks,
Bill
vizpub

Amazing!

Post by vizpub »

Well I am amazed! In an evening I have made a initial prototype for my new space combat game, Ship To Ship, still in development!

A few bumps here or there but all solved by checking the forums here, the answers are wonderful! Jerome you really have fine piece of software here. I typically have prototyped my games in Cyberboard, but from now on I will also be adding a ZunTsu gamebox to my release packages as well, I am VERY impressed!

At some point in the future I will be translating my space combat miniatures rules, Firepower Pass (upon which Ship To Ship is based; STS is the boardgame version and much simplified) into a ZunTsu gamebox to go with the existing Cyberboard gamebox on my website.

Thanks for all your efforts, version 1.2 is stellar!
Keith Tracton, Owner
Vizor Publishing - Games With Realism AND Playability
http://www.vizpub.com
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Amazing!

Post by Jerome »

vizpub wrote:Jerome you really have fine piece of software here.
Thanks! :D