Encryption

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Bill Barrett

Encryption

Post by Bill Barrett »

Who do I contact to get the software to do this? Is it still Jerome?

I'm having some trouble getting full resolution graphics from GMT for a module I'm building for them, and figure that if it's encrypted they might be more forthcoming :wink:

Regards, Bill.
dulcaoin
Site Admin

Re: Encryption

Post by dulcaoin »

Bill Barrett wrote:Who do I contact to get the software to do this? Is it still Jerome?

I'm having some trouble getting full resolution graphics from GMT for a module I'm building for them, and figure that if it's encrypted they might be more forthcoming :wink:

Regards, Bill.
I thought you already contacted him about this. Please send your request to Jerome (explaining the situation). I will also ping him to try to raise the urgency of your request.

I am in the middle of trying to finish up a milestone on the LnL gameboxes, after which I'll be concentrating on a full review of the 1.x codebase and my first work on 1.3.1 (no, this is not as early as I had hoped to start on it). After I'm up to speed on that, I'll be better able to handle this form of request myself.

-- joshua
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Thanks, but it's not actually urgent as it's for a forthcoming game (going to print in 2015).

However, I will contact Jerome for the code...

Regards, Bill.
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

I am interested in encryption too. Maybe I can talk a particular publisher in to letting me publish some of the boxes I have made for myself if encryption was available. Do you know anything about how it works Bill?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Well I assume it simply password protects a gamebox so that only the creator can extract, examine or alter its contents...

Regards, Bill.
dulcaoin
Site Admin

Post by dulcaoin »

Bill Barrett wrote:Well I assume it simply password protects a gamebox so that only the creator can extract, examine or alter its contents...

Regards, Bill.
It encrypts assets inside the gamebox. You can still extract them (still a .zip file), but the contents are each encrypted.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Ah yes - I now remember looking inside one a while back. Anyway my request is in with Jerome...
dulcaoin
Site Admin

Post by dulcaoin »

Bill Barrett wrote:Ah yes - I now remember looking inside one a while back. Anyway my request is in with Jerome...
If you can remember which one, perhaps that would be good to mention as an exemplar.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Unfortunately I don't - I've looked at a lot :wink:

However, as soon as I get it I'll use it on one of the projects I've got in the pipeline and then signpost it here...

Regards, Bill.
dulcaoin
Site Admin

Post by dulcaoin »

Bill Barrett wrote:Unfortunately I don't - I've looked at a lot :wink:

However, as soon as I get it I'll use it on one of the projects I've got in the pipeline and then signpost it here...

Regards, Bill.
I should have Nuklear Winter '68 done in the next couple weeks, and that will probably be our exemplar, then.

-- joshua