Don't worry, we're nowhere near April 1 :-)

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

dulcaoin
Site Admin

Post by dulcaoin »

lclaudius wrote:Joshua, a hearty thank you! I'm quite glad to see activity on ZunTzu again.
I'm glad to see you back! I think I was looking for one of your gameboxes, no longer linked to your site. It was one of Jerome's favorites as an example of an "extreme" gamebox, but we couldn't find a copy.

As for the ZunTzu development, it has been slower than I wanted. I'm working on eliminating some other side projects so I can concentrate on ZunTzu more fully. There has been some background chatter about how to approach ZT going forward. There's nothing to report yet, but I'm wondering whether just building the PC version is the best use of resources. Should 2.0 get more attention (at which point we'd be concentrating on iPad to the detriment of other platforms?) Should we reboot 2.0 in a more recent framework that would support multiple platforms right out of the gate? There are considerations to be made.

All of that will be clearer once I knuckle down and get 1.3 worked one. I plan to fix the one well known crash bug at the very least. I expect more time on the project this month during time-out over the holidays.

-- joshua
lclaudius

Post by lclaudius »

dulcaoin wrote:I'm glad to see you back! I think I was looking for one of your gameboxes, no longer linked to your site. It was one of Jerome's favorites as an example of an "extreme" gamebox, but we couldn't find a copy.
Now, why would anyone consider my gameboxes as extreme, I wonder? :D

Well, my site is in the middle of a complete redesign, but my upcoming master's is a time hog! So, the ZT gameboxes have not been linked yet.

But they're all in my Dropbox account, so just drop a note if you want any of them.
Nicolas

Re: Don't worry, we're nowhere near April 1 :-)

Post by Nicolas »

As improvement,
it will be fine to be able to use SVG format picture (wich is a vector graphic format).

Today we can use only BMP, PNG and JPG.

Regards
Geralt

Post by Geralt »

For the future (but I guess it is rather big change?): is it possible to give possibility for 2-4 players to move pieces as the same time?