Windows 8

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

btrhoads

Windows 8

Post by btrhoads »

Has anyone tried running ZunTzu on windows 8? Does is run out of the box or do you have to setup some kind of compatibility mode? Anyone tried using it with a touch screen?
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

In case anyone is interested I did find this comment on VGG:

ZunTzu is great on my windows 8 touchscreen except for one rather major problem. Flipping counters and cards is done with a double right click, and I can't find a simple way of managing that from a touchscreen. There may be some way of mapping a gesture but I've not looked into it much yet.

Link: http://videogamegeek.com/thread/943317/ ... -hoping-fo
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

Ok, so I finally bought a Windows 8 machine and ZunTzu itself seems to work fine. Of course the limitation with flipping counters and cards still exists. I am researching work arounds now.

I did notice though that some of my game boxes that worked fine on my Win 7 machine for some reason will not load or have errors that did not come up when loading them in the past. This may have something to do with a different version of ZunTzu on the Win 8 machine vs. the version I have on my Win 7 machine. Not sure. The errors seem to be related to xml file format and unused resources in the archive file. I will have to look in to this more.

I got the 27" Envy which can lay virtually flat on the surface which is like a having a giant tablet for playing games. Looking forward to exploring ZunTzu in this new environment.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Those errors only announce themselves when you specifically add gameboxes to your library from the ZunTzu "Browse Library" menu. It seems to me that you didn't see them before because you "added" them to your library when you originally double-clicked to launch them, in which case (rather strangely) no errors are reported unless the gamebox cannot be loaded.

ZunTzu has not changed in any way since the launch of Windows 8 (or indeed 7).
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

Thanks for the clarification. That is helpful to know.
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

Ok, so I have played around with ZunTzu on my Window 8.1 desktop and for the most part it works as expected with a mouse. I also have found a way to get full touch capability in ZunTzu in Windows 8 with a touchscreen. I made a quick video to demonstrate for anyone who may be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOL3welk0oQ
Heath

Post by Heath »

Thanks for posting this!
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

Heath wrote:Thanks for posting this!
I figured I would keep the thread going. ZunTzu is really the only reason I wanted a touchscreen and I was hesitant to buy one and then find out it didn't work. Maybe this info will assist others in making the same decision.

Thanks for commenting too. I was beginning to think only Bill and I came here anymore. :-)
Geralt

Post by Geralt »

btrhoads wrote:
Heath wrote:Thanks for posting this!
I figured I would keep the thread going. ZunTzu is really the only reason I wanted a touchscreen and I was hesitant to buy one and then find out it didn't work. Maybe this info will assist others in making the same decision.

Thanks for commenting too. I was beginning to think only Bill and I came here anymore. :-)
I also checking from time to time. But I am more active on other forum when we play some ours and others ZunTzu modules. But we unfortunately often play in different language then english.
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

Good to hear another voice Geralt. :-)
Nickja

Post by Nickja »

Actually games works well on windows 8 but there is issue with many games on windows 8.1. sometimes it changing capability works for me but sometimes it didn't.
jkhafizova

Forum

Post by jkhafizova »

Hi Geralt, which forum is this? can you give the link?
best regards
Geralt

Re: Forum

Post by Geralt »

jkhafizova wrote:Hi Geralt, which forum is this? can you give the link?
best regards
http://planszowkionline.freeforums.org/

You must register to see "biblioteka" and "biblioteka+"

"Biblioteka" (not our modules, but downloaded from this and others pages) - modules mostly in english.

Biblioteka+ - our modules - mostly in polish but also some in english. Sometimes it is marked as polish, but the game is without texts. This access is restricted and someone must play to have access to biblioteka+.

I also have on my hard drive many "War" games which was not linked to the forum (we rather don't play "war hex" games).

Geralt
Andersan

Post by Andersan »

ZunTzu has not changed in any way since the launch of Windows 8 (or indeed 7).
Decrease your exam stress by using our latest 642-437 dump - pass4sure.co.uk and best quality testking and wikipedia
dulcaoin
Site Admin

Post by dulcaoin »

btrhoads wrote:In case anyone is interested I did find this comment on VGG:

ZunTzu is great on my windows 8 touchscreen except for one rather major problem. Flipping counters and cards is done with a double right click, and I can't find a simple way of managing that from a touchscreen. There may be some way of mapping a gesture but I've not looked into it much yet.

Link: http://videogamegeek.com/thread/943317/ ... -hoping-fo
Someone asked about the right-double-click issue on the LnL forums yesterday.

What's a suggestion from tablet users as far as a good workaround would be?