Hot seating capabilities?

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Redcap

Hot seating capabilities?

Post by Redcap »

I and my wife use ZunTzu to play 2 player games with one another; however, it is impossible to play card games for the fact that I can have only one hand and also because she can see my cards. Is there any plan to have a way so that you could toggle between players on the same computer or even toggel between hands; something that would make multiplayer, though inferior, possible on one machine. Good for things like playing with the family at an airport.
코끼리가 다람쥐를 먹게 하지 마십시오
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Hot seating capabilities?

Post by Jerome »

Redcap wrote:Is there any plan to have a way so that you could toggle between players on the same computer or even toggel between hands
I must confess I've never thought about hot seating. I need to think about that. :(

In the meantime, maybe there's a workaround (I've never tried it): use Fast User Switching. It's a feature in Windows XP which will allow two users to run ZunTzu on the same computer at the same time.

Create a new user B. Log as both A and B using Fast User Switching. As B, install ZunTzu (installation is per user). As B, host a network game session in ZunTzu. Switch to user A using Windows+L then connect to the game session (use "localhost" for the host's IP address).

You may have to mute audio playback to avoid feedback.
Make sure you have enough RAM (you'll be using twice the amount of memory).
Also, your battery will run down pretty fast, because you'll be using twice the CPU.

Tell me if it works.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.