Cannot start server: error in the application

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Charmeuse

Cannot start server: error in the application

Post by Charmeuse »

I tried all the work arounds suggested but I am just not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying to host a game. I have Windows XP service pack 3 and NET 4.0 (which I just reinstalled from Microsoft again). I am not sure why it doesn't work. I had someone come over and set up port forwarding for me since I am on a router. I tried setting internet explorer as default and even removed Zuntzu and reinstalled it again from internet explorer. Every single time it says "Cannot start server: error in the application". I have given permission to my firewall and even attempted disabling the firewall & my antivirus. I just cannot host a game. I have no idea why this isn't working. What could I be doing wrong?
Charmeuse

Re: Cannot start server: error in the application

Post by Charmeuse »

Charmeuse wrote:I tried all the work arounds suggested but I am just not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying to host a game. I have Windows XP service pack 3 and NET 4.0 (which I just reinstalled from Microsoft again). I am not sure why it doesn't work. I had someone come over and set up port forwarding for me since I am on a router. I tried setting internet explorer as default and even removed Zuntzu and reinstalled it again from internet explorer. Every single time it says "Cannot start server: error in the application". I have given permission to my firewall and even attempted disabling the firewall & my antivirus. I just cannot host a game. I have no idea why this isn't working. What could I be doing wrong?

I am back again still trying to get this thing working. Same errors every time. It starts with "port 1805 already in use" and then second time I try its "cannot start server: error in the application". I did all the suggestions. None of these things will allow me to run it. I also had friends attempt to host. None of us are getting this program to work. Port forwarding doesn't work. I even tried port forwarding with assigning a different port than 1805. I ran as admin. I allowed in firewall and disabled firewall. My router comes from the DSL company and it doesn't not have UPnP on it. But after I did port forwarding why will I still not be able to host? Am I the only person that cannot get this program running?