Shading unused dice

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

GJK

Shading unused dice

Post by GJK »

Jerome,

I'm working on another gamebox that will be using the "buckets of dice" dice rolling procedure; i.e., you roll a number of dice depending on the number of attacking factors and you get a "hit" on a '6' on each die.

So, I've added 3 sets of 5 dice so that the player can roll up to 15 dice at a time, works like a charm.

The request is to "shade out" the dice that aren't used in the roll as it becomes a bit confusing when you see values on all 15 dice though you may of only rolled 11 of them. This way, if some time passes, you can instantly tell how many dice your rolled in your last attack as well.

Hopefully that makes sense!

GJK
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Shading unused dice

Post by Jerome »

GJK wrote:The request is to "shade out" the dice that aren't used in the roll as it becomes a bit confusing when you see values on all 15 dice though you may of only rolled 11 of them. This way, if some time passes, you can instantly tell how many dice your rolled in your last attack as well.
Good idea! Let me think about it though. :wink:

By the way, why didn't you define a single set of fifteen dice? :?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
GJK

Post by GJK »

Jerome wrote:By the way, why didn't you define a single set of fifteen dice? :?
Because as I recall, it didn't look as good as 3 rows of 5. I think because 5 dice will fit inside that yellow box where as any more per row and they extend out of the box.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

GJK wrote:I think because 5 dice will fit inside that yellow box where as any more per row and they extend out of the box.
You're mistaken. The fifteen-dice set will be displayed as three five-dice rows.
GJK

Post by GJK »

Yup, just checked - I did change it to one dice roller. I think that I thought that I needed to divide it up in order to have 3 rows of 5 but found that you have it set to "auto wrap" at 5. Nice touch!

-Dean Vernon Wormer
GJK

Post by GJK »

Jerome-

I have to bring this topic up again. I'm creating a gamebox for "Star Wars: Assault on Hoth" which uses picture dice (8 of them). It gets confusing as to how many or which dice were just rolled during an attack. My suggestion would be to have the dice remain on the board where they were rolled to until a right-click or other action returns them to the pool of dice. This way, the results from the rolls could be applied and there would be no question about how many were just rolled in a certain attack or action.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

OK. A lot of people have asked for it. I'm convinced now.