More XML problems

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Hugo

More XML problems

Post by Hugo »

I'm trying to create my first game-box but I invariably get the same error code, type f, "File game-box.xml not found in archive", whatever I do.

My xml file looks like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
<game-box
name="copy of second front"
description="europa game XII"
copyright="hms/grd"
startup-scenario="scenario">
<map name="western_europe" image-file="second_front.jpg" resolution="150 dpi" />
<counter-sheet name="american_1"
	front-image-file="sf_cs60a-1.pdf" front-resolution="150 dpi"
	back-image-file="sf_cs60a-2.pdf" back-resolution="150 dpi">
	<counter-section rows="2" columns"10"
		front-left="26" front-top="413" front-right="98" front-bottom="773"
		back-left="26" back-top="16" back-right="98" back-bottom="376"
</counter-sheet>
</game-box>
And scenario file like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<game
	game-box="copy of second front"
	scenario-name="scenario"
	scenario-description="dummy"
	scenario-copyright="mine">
	<layout board="western_europe" />
</game>
And yes, I rename the game-box.txt file .xml and scenario file .zts before compressing. I don't understand why zun tzu can't find the .xml file in the archive - it's there!

Any suggestions?
GJK

Post by GJK »

Just a guess, but can ZunTzu work with a pdf file for the image of the counter sheets? Perhaps it's balking at that.

Edit: Also (and I may be wrong about this, I'm just learning the program myself) but should this line be more along the lines of:

startup-scenario="scenario">

To:
startup-scenario="scenario.zts">

Meaning that you will need a "scenario.zts" file in the archive.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi Hugo!

I suppose error "File game-box.xml not found in archive" is caused by the way you made the compressed archive. Some compression utilities automatically add folders inside the archive. Your game box must be a flat archive, meaning all files must be at the root. Make sure you have no folder inside your archive.

Watch out: when this issue is solved you will run into other problems, as GJK has pointed at. :wink:
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Hugo

Wow!

Post by Hugo »

It WORKS! :shock:
I had gotten so used to the error messages I almost panicked when the "loading graphics" timer started counting...
The counters.... well they're not quite the shape I had intended.... but they are there!

Many thanks, both of you! Your help was invaluable!

(And I may still need some more before this gamebox is playable)

Hugo
Hugo

Gamebox ready!

Post by Hugo »

My gamebox is now up and running!

The one tricky problem was figuring out how to create a zip file without subfolders. Apart from that the built-in error message system guided me through the process nice and smoothly. The result is very good-looking and the interface clean and simple.

I have one suggestion for an added feature. The gamebox I made is for Second Front in the Europa series. It has a very high counter density and while the stacks themselves are easy to manipulate it is sometimes difficult to see the underlying mapboard and to visualize the relative positions of the stacks.

How about enabling a zoom feature of the counters only, while maintaining constant map size? The existing zoom is extremely handy, would it be difficult to add another?

Hugo