Major update

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Jerome
Site Admin

Major update

Post by Jerome »

Today's update gives you these features :
  • Different - and supposedly better - user interface for playing cards. To examine the content of a card pile, it is not enough anymore to move your mouse cursor over the pile: you must now also keep the CTRL key down. Move an entire pile by pointing the card at the bottom of the pile and dragging it.
  • A new icon in the stack inspector allows you to invert the order of the cards in a pile. That is useful to change a discard pile into a draw pile by flipping all the cards and inverting their order. It can also be used to add a card to the bottom of a pile: invert the pile, add the card, invert again.
  • Stacking can get in the way for some game boxes, so I've added a new icon to enable or disable stacking. The setting is applied to all players.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
AlMightyBob

Post by AlMightyBob »

Great update, thanks. :) The new user interface for the cards is definitely an improvement.
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

Very very cool update, any word on the customizable dice?
코끼리가 다람쥐를 먹게 하지 마십시오
letsgored

Post by letsgored »

Jerome, this is a very good update, thanks.

Do you think in the near future you could extend the CTRL key function to a player's hand? Have it where if I'm holding the CTRL key while I use the flip card/tile mouse click on a card/tile in my hand, every card/tile flips and if I'm holding the CTRL key while I drag a card/tile from my hand to the table, all card/tiles are dragged out to the table in a stack. I think that function would allow for correct play of the game box I'm working on now. Thanks.

Jason
joseph

Post by joseph »

good work!
I have a question:
Should I add a map tab without image but only text in next release?

Joe
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

letsgored wrote:Do you think in the near future you could extend the CTRL key function to a player's hand? Have it where if I'm holding the CTRL key while I use the flip card/tile mouse click on a card/tile in my hand, every card/tile flips and if I'm holding the CTRL key while I drag a card/tile from my hand to the table, all card/tiles are dragged out to the table in a stack.
Hi letsgored!
It can't work as you describe. A hand can contain a mix of counters and cards, and counters and cards can't be stacked together.
However, as you pointed at, there's a need for grouped moves, especially for the miniature gaming community. So I will try to think of a single mechanism that could satisfy all the requirements. I will probably use the SHIFT key for that.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

joseph wrote:Should I add a map tab without image but only text in next release?
Hi Joseph!
I'm not sure to understand. Are you looking for a way to display a page of text?
Currently you can do that by providing the page as an image file.