moving/flipping groups or all counters that are in your hand

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

letsgored

moving/flipping groups or all counters that are in your hand

Post by letsgored »

You can move a whole stack into your hand, but is there any way to move the entire contents of your hand out onto a board? How about flipping all of the tiles in your hand simultaneously? Or can you only do those two things one tile at time while the tiles are in your hand?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

It's one tile at a time.

I see your point. It would be great to have a way of discarding one's entire hand by flipping all the cards and moving them all onto the table in a few clicks.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
letsgored

Post by letsgored »

Jerome, thanks for the quick response. In addition to my first post, some other features that I would love to see:

Have an option in the stack inspector that lets you flip over the tiles/cards so only you can see the other side, but opponents would continue to only see the side that is face up on the table. This would let you inspect the hidden sides of your stack without revealing that info. An alert that told the opponents that you were inspecting the hidden side of the stack would be good to have (if you were at a real table playing, you would of course see you opponent pick up his stack but you would not be able to see the info on the hidden side of the tiles that he can see if he didn't show it to you so the alert would mimic real world playing conditions, plus the alert would discourage cheating in games were a player is not permitted to look at the hidden side or at least is not allowed to look without allowing others to see as well).

Hidden boards/countersheets that only a specified player can access so that I could select counters to either put in my hand without revealing or to first flip and then place onto the public board without revealing the face down info. Again, some alert to let the opponent know this is happening to prevent cheating would be good.

Have the stack inspector tell you how many tiles/cards are in the stack. With the cards especially, it can be very hard to count them up to see how many are in the stack.

Sorry for throwing so many requests at you, but it's because I think what you've done so far is wonderful and I could being able to play a lot of my favorite games once a few additional features become available.

Thanks for making this software available.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

letsgored wrote:Have an option in the stack inspector that lets you flip over the tiles/cards so only you can see the other side, but opponents would continue to only see the side that is face up on the table.
I agree that such a feature is missing now in ZunTzu.
letsgored wrote:Hidden boards/countersheets that only a specified player can access
That feature is planned. It will allow the playing of games with off-board order charts, like the strategic air missions chart in the Fleet series.
letsgored wrote:Have the stack inspector tell you how many tiles/cards are in the stack. With the cards especially, it can be very hard to count them up to see how many are in the stack.
I'm not willing to change this at the moment. Counting the cards is also very hard in the real life so it can be seen as a feature not an annoyance.
letsgored wrote:Sorry for throwing so many requests at you
No, don't be sorry. Thank you for your contribution to make ZunTzu better. ;)
letsgored

Post by letsgored »

Jerome wrote:It's one tile at a time.

I see your point. It would be great to have a way of discarding one's entire hand by flipping all the cards and moving them all onto the table in a few clicks.
Jerome, is this still something you're considering adding to the software? There's two games (one that I've partially prepared a gamebox for) that I'd like to put together but both are very difficult to play if you cannot choose your entire hand of cards so that you can flip all cards over and/or move them all out of your hand and onto the table --for example, in the games sometimes your opponent is allowed to inspect your hand and/or discard a card he specifically chooses or chooses at random.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

letsgored wrote:Jerome, is this still something you're considering adding to the software?
Yes.
letsgored wrote:for example, in the games sometimes your opponent is allowed to inspect your hand and/or discard a card he specifically chooses or chooses at random.
I'm considering a specific feature about that requirement, which is a bit different from the first one.
oblo

Post by oblo »

Jerome wrote:
letsgored wrote:for example, in the games sometimes your opponent is allowed to inspect your hand and/or discard a card he specifically chooses or chooses at random.
I'm considering a specific feature about that requirement, which is a bit different from the first one.
Sorry about to bring up an old post but I couldn't find an answer on other posts: Is possible to do that (allow other player to inspect your cards' hand, either front or backward) with the current release?

Thanks in advance and for this great piece of software :)
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Currently the only way to do it is to lay your hand (one by one) on the "table" for inspection.