Install Fails: Application cannot start Contact app vendor

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

arizona

Install Fails: Application cannot start Contact app vendor

Post by arizona »

I hope someone can suggest something I have not tried yet to get ZunTzu to install for me.

I ran it on another Win XP, same hardware, same internet access last week without a hitch. Will not install on this config whether I save it and run it locally, or run it straight from the website - always the same error at the same stage.

Configuration: Windows XP, all updates installed, DirectX 9, IE 8.0, current ActiveX, current Java, current Flash. Have dropped my security settings to nil, including turning off Firewall, etc. to no avail.

Here is the Error Log when it fails:

Code: Select all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.239
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
	clr.dll 			: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
	dfdll.dll 			: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
	dfshim.dll 			: 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application
						Server		: Apache
	Deployment Provider url		: http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application
	Application url			: http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu_1_2_1_14/ZunTzu.exe.manifest
						Server		: Apache

IDENTITIES
	Deployment Identity		: ZunTzu.application, Version=1.2.1.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bbfc02ea80687e07, processorArchitecture=x86
	Application Identity		: ZunTzu.exe, Version=1.2.1.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bbfc02ea80687e07, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
	* Installable application.
	* Trust url parameter is set.
ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* Activation of http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [1/1/2005 4:23:18 AM] : Activation of http://www.zuntzu.com/download/ZunTzu.application has started.
	* [1/1/2005 4:23:34 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
	* [1/1/2005 4:23:34 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
	* [1/1/2005 4:23:34 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
	* [1/1/2005 4:23:36 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 2.0.50727.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [1/1/2005 4:23:36 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
		- This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.IClrRuntimeInfo.GetProcAddress(String procName)
			at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.GetAssemblyCacheInterface(String CLRVersionString, Boolean FetchRuntimeHost, CCorRuntimeHost& RuntimeHost)
			at System.Deployment.Application.PlatformDetector.VerifyPlatformDependencies(AssemblyManifest appManifest, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, String tempDir)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	No transaction information is available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After 2 days of trying to get this loaded so my spouse and his friend can continue a game of Stalingrad, I am wrung out of patience and ideas!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Perplexed in Arizona
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

It seems something is missing or corrupted on your system.
Does it make a difference if you install this ?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
arizona

Post by arizona »

Yes, THANK YOU so much!

The install progressed, then during the speech playback test gave an error exception message (sorry, did not write down the exception number) but continued on to complete the install. We don't need the speech recognition anyway, so that is ok. Game box and most recent turn file loaded fine.

Can't imagine how the sound or C++ runtime file(s) got corrupted or whatever on a new installation of the operating system, but maybe someday the installation routine can point end users in the right direction so we don't have to bother you.

Many, many thanks again for the quick, on the mark solution!

I am one Happy Camper in Arizona!