Is it possible to Tile?

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Grimshad

Is it possible to Tile?

Post by Grimshad »

Is it possible to Tile the background image of a board? so I can put some wood as the background so it looks like we are playing on a table?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

No, but you can probably achieve a similar result with a finite surface that is large enough - if you zoom out you will eventually see the boundary.

I see two solutions:
- by using a gigantic image of a wooden surface.
- or by using terrain tiles. Terrains come in unlimited supply. Terrains are displayed beneath other pieces, and are locked so they don't interfere with the game play. All you have to do is define a scenario with the tiles arranged in a grid pattern.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Grimshad

Post by Grimshad »

Jerome wrote:No, but you can probably achieve a similar result with a finite surface that is large enough - if you zoom out you will eventually see the boundary.

I see two solutions:
- or by using terrain tiles. Terrains come in unlimited supply. Terrains are displayed beneath other pieces, and are locked so they don't interfere with the game play. All you have to do is define a scenario with the tiles arranged in a grid pattern.
I was aware of these, but didn't want to have to resort to them. The game box is already over 100M and I didn't want to make it any larger with unnecessary images. Thanks though, hopefully that can be a feature in ZunTzu 2, when is that supposed to be coming out anyway?
Heath

Post by Heath »

Grimshad wrote:
Jerome wrote:No, but you can probably achieve a similar result with a finite surface that is large enough - if you zoom out you will eventually see the boundary.

I see two solutions:
I was aware of these, but didn't want to have to resort to them. The game box is already over 100M and I didn't want to make it any larger with unnecessary images. Thanks though, hopefully that can be a feature in ZunTzu 2, when is that supposed to be coming out anyway?
Usually saving your images as JPEG's with a slightly lower quality setting can drastically reduce their size without visibly altering the gamebox. It will also make it load faster.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Grimshad wrote:Thanks though, hopefully that can be a feature in ZunTzu 2, when is that supposed to be coming out anyway?
I'll consider it for ZunTzu 2.
I don't want to give a release date right now, sorry.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.