Help fix my game box

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Heath

Post by Heath »

TedTorgerson wrote:
Hey Heath can you explain how I change cards? When I rename the file as a zip and extract it I don't see a jpeg for the cards.

I need to update the cards periodically. Like after every game.

Thanks.
I rearranged the graphics you provided into a single file called "cards.jpg". It has all 100 cards in one sheet, to make the XML simpler. I also added a mask file "cards-mask.png" to give the cards the rounded corners. To edit the cards, just extract and open "cards.jpg" in your image editor, save, and then add it back into the ZTB. As long as you don't change the dimensions of the file, you shouldn't have to change any XML.

Heath
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

I also had a look at this (nice work Ted and Heath), but it seems to be missing one sheet of cards - shouldn't there be 110 of them?
Heath

Post by Heath »

Bill Barrett wrote:I also had a look at this (nice work Ted and Heath), but it seems to be missing one sheet of cards - shouldn't there be 110 of them?
Hmmm, there weren't any cards numbered 41-50 in the original graphics download. I guess Ted will have to answer that one.

Heath
TedTorgerson

Post by TedTorgerson »

Heath wrote:
Bill Barrett wrote:I also had a look at this (nice work Ted and Heath), but it seems to be missing one sheet of cards - shouldn't there be 110 of them?
Hmmm, there weren't any cards numbered 41-50 in the original graphics download. I guess Ted will have to answer that one.

Heath
Okay I understand now. Great work! I think the dimensions will be fine because I am going to a smaller deck. I probably should use ACTS for another month until I think I have most of the changes done.
TedTorgerson

Post by TedTorgerson »

I rearranged the graphics you provided into a single file called "cards.jpg". It has all 100 cards in one sheet, to make the XML simpler. I also added a mask file "cards-mask.png" to give the cards the rounded corners. To edit the cards, just extract and open "cards.jpg" in your image editor, save, and then add it back into the ZTB. As long as you don't change the dimensions of the file, you shouldn't have to change any XML.

Heath
Hi Heath,

For somereason I cannot figure out how to replace the jpgs of the map and cards. I take your ztb file and rename it as a zip. I unzip it and replace the FreeatLastMap1.jpg with a new file and zip it again. Then I rename it as a ztb file, but it won't load. Says something like error:f file game-box.xml not found. Any suggestions? Can I send you the new files to update the game box? Thanks for you help.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Make sure you didn't zip the folder containing the files.
The files must be at the root of the Zip archive. If there is a folder at the root of the archive it won't work - even if that folder contains the files.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
TedTorgerson

Post by TedTorgerson »

I kind of understand what you said. Can you just explain to me if I start with a working gamebox .ztb file, what are the steps to open the file, switch a jpg for the map, and revert to the zbt? Assuming I am clueless which I am.

EDIT: Okay when I zip the folder it creates a folder inside where the files are. How do you zip the folder without making a folder inside, and instead have the files in the root directory?

EDIT: Ah I figured it out. I was compressing the folder, but you need to select all the files inside the folder and compress them.