Vista and Multiplayer

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Ichibrothers

Vista and Multiplayer

Post by Ichibrothers »

Jerome,
Just an update. I know ZunTzu is for XP, but it is running fine for me in Vista....except Multiplayer. When I hit Host, it says "Error in Application". Try again a second time, THEN I get the "port 1805 already in use" message. No Idea about joining a session hosted by others. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Just to let you know.....

Thanks,
Bill
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Bad news. :(
According to Microsoft, they dropped support for DirectPlay Voice in Vista. Unfortunately, that's the technology that ZunTzu is currently using for the audioconferencing.
I have planned to rewrite that part of the code with a different technology, but that will take some time.
In the meantime, I'll try to disable audioconferencing when using Vista, so that ZunTzu can still be used with text chat.
Sorry about that.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Jerome wrote: Sorry about that.

No Reason to be sorry. Even if I can't get MP working, still a GREAT program. Besides, it is Microsoft's fault, not yours.

Bill
jmutchek

Post by jmutchek »

I ran into this problem last night as well... with some experimentation my friend and I found that my Vista machine WAS able to connect to a game hosted on his XP machine. No voice chat, but we just used an alternate mechanism for audio. Worked perfectly from there.

I would suggest just making the voice chat optional - there may be other users out there like me who already have audio or video conferencing available on their system anyway.

Thanks for this great piece of software. I really like your model (the virtualized table) and have already found it very useful in play testing a new game that I am working on.

Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to seeing the next release.

John
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

jmutchek wrote:I ran into this problem last night as well... with some experimentation my friend and I found that my Vista machine WAS able to connect to a game hosted on his XP machine. No voice chat, but we just used an alternate mechanism for audio. Worked perfectly from there.

I would suggest just making the voice chat optional - there may be other users out there like me who already have audio or video conferencing available on their system anyway.
OK. Thanks for the hint, John. :)
jmutchek wrote:Thanks for this great piece of software. I really like your model (the virtualized table) and have already found it very useful in play testing a new game that I am working on.

Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to seeing the next release.
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed play testing your game using ZunTzu. :D
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.