Wings of War

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

GJK

Wings of War

Post by GJK »

Ok, I'm 10 years late but I just discovered Wings of War (now owned by Nexus, who appears to be in financial trouble) and I've picked up the "Famous Aces" starter game. I guess this post is directed towards those that know this game system, but would ZT be able to handle the gameplay required by WoW (the precise laying of the cards, the ruler to check range)? I think that it would work but before I commit to a lot of scanning and graphic work, I'd entertain any thoughts from others that may of wondered or attempted to create a gamebox for this series already.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Heath

Post by Heath »

I think it would work great. Just turn off stacking, (so the cards don't try to organize themselves into piles when you are moving planes) and use the 'double mouse button' measuring device to determine if another plane is in firing range.

The only potential problem I can think of is the fixed angles of rotation that ZunTzu imposes. You might have to fudge a bit when moving your plane cards because you can't get the exact angle of rotation for a card, only the next best angle that ZunTzu allows.

Heath
GJK

Post by GJK »

Heath wrote:I think it would work great. Just turn off stacking, (so the cards don't try to organize themselves into piles when you are moving planes) and use the 'double mouse button' measuring device to determine if another plane is in firing range.

The only potential problem I can think of is the fixed angles of rotation that ZunTzu imposes. You might have to fudge a bit when moving your plane cards because you can't get the exact angle of rotation for a card, only the next best angle that ZunTzu allows.

Heath
I forsee lots of scanning and card masking in my future!

I may just add two planes and a single deck to see how it goes before I commit to scanning all 4 decks that I have.

I haven't really studied the cards but are there duplicate manuvers within deck? Are there duplicates across the decks? Anything to cut down on the number of scans!

Thanks.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer