Redcap

Erro Type F

Post by Redcap »

Short Story:
Tried to run a created game-box and recieved this message

Quote:
Error type f: File "game-box.xml" not found in archive

Longer Story:
I tried to create a game box and kept getting the above stated error, I made sure that my xml was named game-box.xml, but that didn't seem to fix the problem, so I decided to use the poker game-box as a blue print. The poker game-box works great on my system so I unziped the poker ztb file to a new folder, and inspected the content. Not to much different than my game-board. So as a test I rezipped the unzipped poker folder and changed it to a ztb. Well, even though I didn't change the poker folder at all just merely examined the contents, the newly created ztb poker folder would also not run and would give me the same error message as before. So I am utterly baffled, no idea of what may be causing the error. Any thoughts/advice?
spearjr

Re: Erro Type F

Post by spearjr »

Redcap wrote:Short Story:
Tried to run a created game-box and recieved this message

Quote:
Error type f: File "game-box.xml" not found in archive

Longer Story:
I tried to create a game box and kept getting the above stated error, I made sure that my xml was named game-box.xml, but that didn't seem to fix the problem, so I decided to use the poker game-box as a blue print. The poker game-box works great on my system so I unziped the poker ztb file to a new folder, and inspected the content. Not to much different than my game-board. So as a test I rezipped the unzipped poker folder and changed it to a ztb. Well, even though I didn't change the poker folder at all just merely examined the contents, the newly created ztb poker folder would also not run and would give me the same error message as before. So I am utterly baffled, no idea of what may be causing the error. Any thoughts/advice?
Look in windows explorer, under "Folder Options" in the view part, make sure there is not a check next to "Hide Extensions of Known file types." There is a chance that the file is really named game-box.xml.txt, because it is hiding the .txt part.
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

There is a chance that the file is really named game-box.xml.txt, because it is hiding the .txt part.
I will try this out in an hour and let you know the outcome. I am inclined to doubt this is the case; however, because I don;t think unzipping a working game-box and re-zipping it would change the filter game-box.xml into an xml.txt file, but who knows right. Good idea and I will report back in an hour.
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Erro Type F

Post by Jerome »

Redcap wrote:So as a test I rezipped the unzipped poker folder and changed it to a ztb. Well, even though I didn't change the poker folder at all just merely examined the contents, the newly created ztb poker folder would also not run and would give me the same error message as before.
Sorry, I don't know what's causing the error. ZunTzu is going through all the files in your archive and can't find one named game-box.xml. :(
What tool are you using to zip the folder? Make sure that no folder information is inserted into the archive. In other words, the content of the archive should be flat: no sub-folders, all files should appear at the root.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

What tool are you using to zip the folder?
Generic freeware zip program, has work for everything in the past but that may be the problem, what freeware zip program would you suggest?
Make sure that no folder information is inserted into the archive. In other words, the content of the archive should be flat: no sub-folders, all files should appear at the root.
This was the case, but even after I have removed any subfolder I still got the same message.

I don't have the internet at my house, and will send you some of the files Monday to take a look at if that is alright; assuming I can't get it to work before than.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Redcap wrote:what freeware zip program would you suggest?
Maybe you can try the built-in zip function in Windows XP: in Windows Explorer, select the "File" menu, then "New", then "Compressed folder".
Redcap wrote:will send you some of the files Monday
Good idea.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

Got it figured out, the reason was my zip program was creating a multi-layered zip file I.E. It created a folder in a folder. So got that worked out and have been playing around trying to make some game boards and just have a few questions.

Questions 1) Making a game-box with only a map, nothing else.

Example of Code:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
<game-box
	name="Test"
	description="Test"
	copyright="Test"
	<map name="Test" image-file="test.jpg"  />
</game-box>
Error Message:
game-box doesn't contain "" file.

Question 2) Trying to create tiles

Example Code:

<counter-sheet name="Test"
		front-image-file="test.jpg" 
		<counter-section rows="4"columns="4" front-left="0" front-top="0" front-right="1000" front-bottom="1000"
/>
</counter-sheet>

Error Message:
Null reference, Range error

I am confused because my jpg is a 1000X1000

Any advice, help?
&#53076;&#45180;&#47532;&#44032; &#45796;&#46988;&#51536;&#47484; &#47673;&#44172; &#54616;&#51648; &#47560;&#49901;&#49884;&#50724;
Peristarkawan

Post by Peristarkawan »

Redcap wrote:Got it figured out, the reason was my zip program was creating a multi-layered zip file I.E. It created a folder in a folder. So got that worked out and have been playing around trying to make some game boards and just have a few questions.

Questions 1) Making a game-box with only a map, nothing else.

Example of Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
<game-box
	name="Test"
	description="Test"
	copyright="Test"
	<map name="Test" image-file="test.jpg"  />
</game-box>
Error Message:
game-box doesn't contain "" file.

Question 2) Trying to create tiles

Example Code:

<counter-sheet name="Test"
		front-image-file="test.jpg" 
		<counter-section rows="4"columns="4" front-left="0" front-top="0" front-right="1000" front-bottom="1000"
/>
</counter-sheet>

Error Message:
Null reference, Range error

I am confused because my jpg is a 1000X1000

Any advice, help?
In both cases, your XML is malformed. In the first one, try adding a > character after copyright="Test". In the second one, try adding a > character after front-image-file="test.jpg".
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

That should do it huhh? :D Well this is reminescent of my CS 100 class in which I would spend 3 hours debugging my program just to realize I was missing a stupid semi-colon. Should of learned better. :D
&#53076;&#45180;&#47532;&#44032; &#45796;&#46988;&#51536;&#47484; &#47673;&#44172; &#54616;&#51648; &#47560;&#49901;&#49884;&#50724;