Boxes and components?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Redcap

Boxes and components?

Post by Redcap »

First off, wow! I can not tell you how impressed I am with Zuntzu, it is the real deal. If ZunTzu never had a singel featured changed from now until whenever I think I would be hard pressed to find a program of equal caliber. However, with that said, I have just one or two thoughts/requests.

1st:
Is there a way to find the playing area if you accidentally scroll so far away from it you can't find it? In all honest I don't see myself scrolling to an area where I can't scroll back, but you never know :wink:

2nd:
I love the way boxes are set up, and this fullfills 95% of all my gaming needs; however, are there any plans or thoughts concerning being able to add components to a game in process? For example save a component that is just a deck of cards, so in the middle of a game you can load in the additional deck of cards, or any other pre-saved components. This would be nice just as far as being able to play hundreds of different board games without having to save individual boxes for similiar games that only require one or two different components.

Once again, great program.
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Boxes and components?

Post by Jerome »

Redcap wrote:First off, wow! I can not tell you how impressed I am with Zuntzu, it is the real deal. If ZunTzu never had a singel featured changed from now until whenever I think I would be hard pressed to find a program of equal caliber. However, with that said, I have just one or two thoughts/requests.
I'm glad you like ZunTzu! :D
Redcap wrote:Is there a way to find the playing area if you accidentally scroll so far away from it you can't find it?
:lol:
As a matter of fact there is: just zoom out until you see a tiny lit pixel in the vast blackness of the void beyond. Then zoom in toward that pixel. It may be your game... :wink:
Redcap wrote:are there any plans or thoughts concerning being able to add components to a game in process?
An interesting idea. I'm sure miniatures wargames players would love to be able to import their favourite armies into a game.
Obviously all players would need to have access to the same artwork, which can be a problem if the artwork was to be sent through the network given the size of high definition artwork.

Version 1.2 of ZunTzu will have moveable board elements, such as terrain tiles and geomorphic boards. It's not exactly what you have in mind. Nevertheless it will provide a lot of flexibility.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

Jerome, you respond to these posts at a remarkable pace, I am impressed. I barely had time to read through all the support files before realizing you had already responded to my post.
Version 1.2 of ZunTzu will have moveable board elements, such as terrain tiles and geomorphic boards. It's not exactly what you have in mind. Nevertheless it will provide a lot of flexibility.
That will be a great feature, and it will give a lot of flexibilty that I would find very useful. Jerome, I can't stress enough how impressed I am by this program.
An interesting idea. I'm sure miniatures wargames players would love to be able to import their favourite armies into a game.
I didn't even think about how my idea could have this application, but it definitley could be used for this purpose. It may also be used to load aditional tiles to increase the size of a game, like a tile laying game could be doubled by adding twice the amount of tiles if you and a friend are board and have extra time.

The main reason I suggested an addable component was I was thinking along the lines of playtesting some of my board games, I just didn't want to have to create a new box for all my revisions but rather just components I could implement or leave out sort of thing. But my request/question is more of a luxury than a neccessicty, and I would not be disappointed if I didn't see a feature similiar to this ever come out. But if it did I wouldn't complain. :D