Is there a ZunTzu Manual

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

dbes

Is there a ZunTzu Manual

Post by dbes »

Is there a manual for ZunTzu? There are clearly more commands etc available than are shown in the tutorial in the Support section. It would certainly help to be more open about the design process to encourage more games to become available. There's no point in hiding the features. Who's going to go through every post in hope that someone mentions a feature? They'll be off to Vassal.

ZunTzu is clearly way behind Vassal in availability of games. This is not to say that Vassal is a better program (although it does have way more features), and Vassal is certainly more difficult in designing a box. It just seems that the way that ZunTzu is promoted could be improved.
johannhorangi

Post by johannhorangi »

I agree : Zuntzu deserves it.
But like in the Vassal community, perhaps one of the box building experts could try to summarize the main commands and make it available to everybody. Obviously it would take some time and Jerome alone perhaps could not do it, partly because he probably invests time on Zuntzu 2.
Personally I am not able to do this work as I do very simple things based on existing boxes, as mentioned in the tutorial.
dbes

Post by dbes »

Well, having posted my initial comment about a manual, I should say that the tutorial is really well done and between the tutorial and the grammar page probably everything is covered! Maybe I was just expecting there was more.

I'm happy that there is this type of program -- which makes it quite easy to set up a gamebox. It appears, however, that the broader hobby has sided more with Vassal and Cyberboard judging by the official releases of, say, GMT.