Feature request

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Couple of features I would like to see added:

1. If you are dragging a counter across the board, when you get all the way to the side or the top/bottom, the board will scroll in the direction you are trying to go. As it is now, you must drop the counter and scroll the board, and then pickup the counter again to continue. 'Course, could always zoom out first then drag the counter...

2. As Gary mentioned in another thread...the ability to clone a counter. Useful for Admin Markers...

Just my opinion here....anyway to get the dice to return back to the dice holder any faster?

Thanks,
Bill
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi Bill,
Ichibrothers wrote:1. If you are dragging a counter across the board, when you get all the way to the side or the top/bottom, the board will scroll in the direction you are trying to go. As it is now, you must drop the counter and scroll the board, and then pickup the counter again to continue. 'Course, could always zoom out first then drag the counter...
Auto-scrolling seems a good idea, and it is a common feature in a lot of softwares. I'm not 100% convinced at the moment.
I can see situations in which it would become annoying. For instance in case you want to drag a counter near the edge of the screen without scrolling.
Scrolling to a position that you can't see will be uncomfortable anyway. I don't like having to drag and drop while waiting for the screen to scroll. The scrolling speed always seems too slow or too fast. So frustrating! But it's just my opinion.
Maybe it could implemented as a user option.
A possible workaround while I'm making my mind: while dragging, zoom out with the right button without releasing the left button.
Ichibrothers wrote:2. As Gary mentioned in another thread...the ability to clone a counter. Useful for Admin Markers...
Yes, that would be nice... except for bank notes and poker chips! So it would have to be reserved for a special kind of "marker" counters.
In v1.2, terrains will be cloneable. I will also deliver cloneable markers around that time.
Ichibrothers wrote:Just my opinion here....anyway to get the dice to return back to the dice holder any faster?
I suppose the dice could return a bit faster. It shouldn't be too fast because the players must still be able to read the results on the dice while they're moving.
In case of opposed rolls, the best solution is to include two sets of dice in the game box to prevent the second player from having to wait for the dice to return.
Why do you want the dice to return faster?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Jerome wrote: Why do you want the dice to return faster?

No particular reason, just seems a bit slow. I supposse you can just ignore it while it is on it's way back, but I'm still new to ZunTzu, so still getting used to it. Feel like have to wait for it to return before you can do anything else. But, obviously that is not the case!

Bill
Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Another request Jerome.... In the stack inspector window, could you include a button to flip all counters? If I have a stack of activation markers for example, and I need to choose a specific one for some reason or other, I need to flip them all manually at the moment to find the right one. Whith a flip button, I could turn them all over at once...grab the one I want...flip the rest again...and then shuffle. Then my chits are ready to draw again!!

Thanks,
Bill
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

To flip all counters in a stack, you don't even have to use the stack inspector: just move your mouse over the bottom-most counter and double-click with the right button.
Flips, rotations and moves apply to all counters of a stack except the ones below the counter you're pointing at with your mouse cursor.
Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Oh...COOL!!

Thanks Jerome!
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

A couple of requests:
1) Another Fourm Catagory entitled Feature Wishlist, just so that users of this great program may be able to give their 2 cents.
2) A Notepad for users that can be typed on for keeping information, score, statistics, ect. If this was hideable, that would also be very benificial obviously. Also it may be nice to have a customizable notepad so if you played games where the score card had to be certain specified format you could load that into the gamebox.

Also just a thought, the auto-scroll would not be annoying at all to me because if I wanted to put a piece on an edge and it auto scrolled, my eyes would just adjust to the new location and I would put the piece in the correct corresponding location. Just my own preference, so I give my +2 for adding an auto scroll feature.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi Redcap!
Redcap wrote:1) Another Fourm Catagory entitled Feature Wishlist, just so that users of this great program may be able to give their 2 cents.
I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression that ZunTzu's road map is driven by the number of votes in the wishlist. As Benevolent Dictator for Life it is my duty to preserve the right balance between new features and ease of use. :P
Don't take me wrong: all feature requests are welcome. And other forms of contribution too like reviews of things that work and things that don't work (and why), or ideas about changes in existing features that would make them work better.
Redcap wrote:2) A Notepad for users that can be typed on for keeping information, score, statistics, ect. If this was hideable, that would also be very benificial obviously. Also it may be nice to have a customizable notepad so if you played games where the score card had to be certain specified format you could load that into the gamebox.
Plenty of good ideas. :)
There will be sticky notes in an upcoming version. I'm considering adding more generic blackboard features, and features to keep information secret (I still have to figure out how it will work).
Redcap wrote:Also just a thought, the auto-scroll would not be annoying at all to me because if I wanted to put a piece on an edge and it auto scrolled, my eyes would just adjust to the new location and I would put the piece in the correct corresponding location. Just my own preference, so I give my +2 for adding an auto scroll feature.
OK. I'm not convinced yet by this one. You obviously have habits from using software with scroll bars. ZunTzu's experience is different. Maybe you'll reconsider after using ZunTzu for a while.
Redcap

Post by Redcap »

First off, thanks for actually staying active in the forum, it is nice to get your great insights.
I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression that ZunTzu's road map is driven by the number of votes in the wishlist.
I would hope that you would never let YOUR program that you have so kindly let us use get out of your control, I only suggest a featured wishlist catagory because of a positive expierence I have had with another program forum I have had. They have a featured wishlist, and probablly 9 out of 10 posts they get are shot down with the truth; I.E. that feature isn't neccessary, we like the program the way it is, you have no clue what you are talking about :wink: , ect. But every once and a while a requested feature is put on a to-do list which the arthur of the program only gets to when and if they want. It is just nice to feel like there is a place for us to try and help out; but not neccessary like you said, and I am okay with that. If you want to add it; however, with the understanding that you are above such a catagory and that you have ultimate control over the directoin of ZunTzu, that is okay as well :D
There will be sticky notes in an upcoming version. I'm considering adding more generic blackboard features, and features to keep information secret (I still have to figure out how it will work).
Excellent, you program is already a 10/10 in my book, but the more the merrier.
OK. I'm not convinced yet by this one. You obviously have habits from using software with scroll bars. ZunTzu's experience is different. Maybe you'll reconsider after using ZunTzu for a while.
You are right, I have only played with ZunTzu for a day, and I am already getting to like the layout of the controls; no need to waiste time on fixing a good thing.