Multiplayer problems

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

an25driu

Multiplayer problems

Post by an25driu »

Hi.

I recently created a gamebox of Polish version of Talisman, and although it works fine when You load it on 1 PC, I found no way to play a multiplayer game because of some errors that are occurring while trying to connect to the host.

The gamebox file is here http://www.mediafire.com/?79k7a1b09jtp96x (quite heavy, almost 170 MB)

The errors occurring are:

unable to connect to game, game box magia i miecz not found in library (despite reloading the same file on every PC to the library)
indexoutofrangeexception

Can anyone help?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Not sure about your multi-player problems, but there are still a number of things wrong with your gamebox. When you add the module to the library (from the menu) it lists a string of errors...

And your third scenario (Wszystko) crashes ZunTzu on loading.

I suggest you fix these and try again.

Regards, Bill.
an25driu

Post by an25driu »

That is strange, because the gamebox that i have on my disk neither crashes on adding to the library nor it gives any errors nor it crashes while trying to play scenario "Wszystko"

After downloading it from the mediafire (because there might have been an error while uploading the gamebox) and trying to add it to the library it didn't give me any errors at all. When I was trying to play scenario Wszystko it crashed my system for the first time giving me the OutOfMemory error, but when I loaded it (scenario wszystko) for the second time (restarting ZunTzu, and reloading it to the library) it loaded with no errors at all (except that while loading, it ate over 700 MB of my RAM at peak, and when it finally loaded it was eating about 550 MB). What might be the cause?

PS What kind of errors did it gave You?

Regards zic84
an25driu

Post by an25driu »

As to the error it was giving me it was this error:

version 1.2.1.14
os Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Dodatek Service Pack 3
framework 2.0.50727.3053
cpu count 1
System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
at ZunTzu.Graphics.c.d..ctor(a A_0, PixelFormat A_1)
at ZunTzu.Graphics.c.a.e()
at ZunTzu.Visualization.y.c.e()
at ZunTzu.Visualization.y.b(Int64 A_0)
at ZunTzu.b.b(String[] A_0)

It happened again, but it very rarely does happen
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Hi,

I haven't had time to look into this too deeply yet, but your error looks like a straightforward "Out of memory" issue - how much RAM do you have installed?

The errors I reported refer to missing or non-referenced files in your game-box.xml file and your scenarios. I'll try and have another look tomorrow...

Regards, Bill.
an25driu

Post by an25driu »

I have 1 MB of RAM, but in my task manager it is said that there are 2 GB of RAM. I think it's a some sort of setting to use HDD space as RAM, nevertheless the error occurred once, and i had no other errors.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

I think you're pushing the envelope with that little RAM, especially as your module is so large. Even if it runs, you must have issues with performance..?

Regards, Bill.
an25driu

Post by an25driu »

I do have little performance issues while panning on zoomed in elements, but beside that it runs and loads smoothly, no errors (except those while trying to play multiplayer)
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

OK, this is the error I get when ZT crashes on loading your third scenario on my system:

ZunTzu.FileSystem.f: File "plansza - Otchłań.jpg" not found in archive.

And indeed, it doesn't appear to be in the game box...

Another strange thing - I can't read your "characters.jpg" file (Windows reports an unspecified error when I attempt to open or move it).

And if you're not getting errors when you add the module to the library, then I certainly don't know what's going on because I do - maybe it has something to do with your use of Polish characters (?)

Regards, Bill.
an25driu

Post by an25driu »

It is strange, because the file (plansza - Otchłań.jpg) is actually in the gamebox (even in the one I download from mediafire), there are also other files with Polish chars, and they are there in the gamebox You downloaded, right? As to the characters.jpg it was somehow corrupted (but still it loads with no errors - weird)

So I uploaded the characters.jpg & plansza - Otchłań.jpg for You to insert into the gamebox to check whether there will be more errors

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsmyizy6pqwphnm

http://www.mediafire.com/?l7jpy42tzg9nnib

If You could check it I will be grateful

If it won't help I will change the gamebox so it doesn't contain any Polish chars

Regards
zic84
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Yes things get even more peculiar - I downloaded all your files (and the game box again), but the errors still persist.

This time I could read the "characters.jpg" file you separately linked to, but the "plansza - Otchłań.jpg" file will not load into Irfanview (my favourite graphics editor), but will in Photoshop and Paint.

I did notice however, that it seems to be the same image as one I have listed as "plansza - Otchêaõ.jpg", so I'm pretty sure that the cause is in your use of Polish characters...

Regards, Bill.
an25driu

Post by an25driu »

OK. So I will change the files with Polish chars along with the content of xml and zts files and upload the gamebox again soon.

Regards
zic84
an25driu

Post by an25driu »

I removed the polish chars. And the file is uploaded here

http://www.mediafire.com/?juugdb5ateqxgzn

As usual I have no errors with it, but my friend while trying to connect to me hosting the scenario "wszystko" got this error

version unknown
os Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
framework 2.0.50727.4927
cpu count 4
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Game box file "C:\Users\Pocieszny\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\K9700G9Y.4W6\28HNCPMO.WR2\zunt..tion_bbfc02ea80687e07_0001.0002_92c6ed94d8eb2a07\default.ztb" has been deleted or moved.
w ZunTzu.Modelization.j..ctor(aq A_0)
w ZunTzu.Modelization.v.a(an A_0)
w ZunTzu.b.b(String[] A_0)

He's got Win7 (I think)

I think he did everything how he should, but during loading scenario "wszystko" it gave him the error

Another try that I gave with my other PC gave me this error

version 1.2.1.14
os Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Dodatek Service Pack 3
framework 2.0.50727.42
cpu count 1
System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
at ZunTzu.Graphics.c.d..ctor(a A_0, PixelFormat A_1)
at ZunTzu.Graphics.c.a.e()
at ZunTzu.Visualization.y.c.e()
at ZunTzu.Visualization.y.b(Int64 A_0)
at ZunTzu.b.b(String[] A_0)

Which is quite understandable, that it appears due to lack of memory

What are Your experiences with the file?

thanks in advance

regards
zic84
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Yes that's fixed it for me - no errors at all :D