Disconnect problem

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

richardzone

Disconnect problem

Post by richardzone »

I played my first game with ZunTzu earlier this evening - or attempted to. I have Win7 64 bit. I added an exception to the Windows firewall, but could not connect to my opponent. I disabled my router's firewall, and still no luck. I then tried to host, and it said I still had a firewall problem. So I looked on here, and found that User Account Control was the issue. So I disabled that, restarted, and tried to connect to my opponent. STILL no dice. In one last ditch attempt, I hosted and for some reason he managed to connect to me - weird, since I could not connect to him.

So we played for about half an hour, and then suddenly he got disconnected. He tried reconnecting to me, but it was a no go - he kept getting time out errors. I checked my router, and my IP address had not changed. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on here? I have not had problems connecting to other game services online, and I'm at a loss as to why he or I would still have problems once I'd disabled just about all my protections. Thanks for any insight.
Pokke

Re: Disconnect problem

Post by Pokke »

richardzone wrote:I played my first game with ZunTzu earlier this evening - or attempted to. I have Win7 64 bit. I added an exception to the Windows firewall, but could not connect to my opponent. I disabled my router's firewall, and still no luck. I then tried to host, and it said I still had a firewall problem.
I run ZunTzu on Win7 64b as well. I seem to remember having the same problems that you have.
To run ZunTzu someone here (or was it myself) I run this batch-file (in case you're not a relic of the old MS-DOS days, that's just a regular ascii text file with the extension .bat instead of .txt) and then things run smoothly. Or at least they do overhere.
As it's been awhile I cannot remember if I have to run it as administrator (right click on the batch file) or just a simple left-click will do?

In the batch file this text has to be copied on two separate lines:

cd C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games\ZunTzu Software\
ZunTzu.appref-ms

Hope this helps?
Pokke
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

Hm. On my computer these \ show as a W... If you notice the same: they're supposed to be backslashes.
richardzone

Post by richardzone »

Pokke wrote:
richardzone wrote:I played my first game with ZunTzu earlier this evening - or attempted to. I have Win7 64 bit. I added an exception to the Windows firewall, but could not connect to my opponent. I disabled my router's firewall, and still no luck. I then tried to host, and it said I still had a firewall problem.
I run ZunTzu on Win7 64b as well. I seem to remember having the same problems that you have.
To run ZunTzu someone here (or was it myself) I run this batch-file (in case you're not a relic of the old MS-DOS days, that's just a regular ascii text file with the extension .bat instead of .txt) and then things run smoothly. Or at least they do overhere.
As it's been awhile I cannot remember if I have to run it as administrator (right click on the batch file) or just a simple left-click will do?

In the batch file this text has to be copied on two separate lines:

cd C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games\ZunTzu Software\
ZunTzu.appref-ms

Hope this helps?
Pokke
Thanks, I'll give it a try (once I get in touch with my old game partner... it's been a while).