Totally Lost!!

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Uvatha

Post by Uvatha »

Ok this is my specific problem.

Where do you get the front-left, front-top, front-right and front-bottom numbers from for counters. I'm gathering its the pixel numbers out of programs like paint. But my question is what number is what you get two written like ???,??? in paint.

Also same trouble with back-left, back-top, back-right and back-bottom.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

I use a program called "Irfanview". It's great (and free):

http://www.irfanview.com/

Regards, Bill.
Uvatha

Post by Uvatha »

cool thanks.

But that does not answer my specific problem.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Seriously (and please don't take this the wrong way) if you can't work out the counter coordinates, then game box building is not for you...

Regards, Bill.
Uvatha

Post by Uvatha »

Well with that, its hard not to "take it the wrong way" as you say Bill :x
GJK

Image coordinates

Post by GJK »

A utility that I worked up and used in the past - haven't used it in some time so can't verify if it's functional but here's the link:

http://www.garykrockover.com/zuntzu/getxy.html

This will give you the x/y coordinates for any countersheet that you upload to it. In conjunction, I used this application to "crosshair" on the corners:

http://www.garykrockover.com/zuntzu/CrossHair.zip

GJK

Edit: Just realized that I have to upload the image of the countersheet. If you want to email that to me, I will do so: gary AT garykrockover dot com
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Well apologies for my impatience (I'd had a hard week at work) :wink:

And thanks to Gary for reminding us of his very useful utility. It just goes to show that people will chip in and help out whenever they have the time :D

I was simply trying to make the point that to get the most out of ZT (or any other game box builder) you really need to get your hands dirty and trawl through the instructions and existing game boxes.

Once again, people will happily help out if you have a specific problem, but you'll have to do most of the legwork yourself :wink:

Regards, Bill.
GJK

Post by GJK »

Bill Barrett wrote:Well apologies for my impatience (I'd had a hard week at work) :wink:

And thanks to Gary for reminding us of his very useful utility. It just goes to show that people will chip in and help out whenever they have the time :D

I was simply trying to make the point that to get the most out of ZT (or any other game box builder) you really need to get your hands dirty and trawl through the instructions and existing game boxes.

Once again, people will happily help out if you have a specific problem, but you'll have to do most of the legwork yourself :wink:

Regards, Bill.
Thanks Bill. Here's the instructions that I emailed to Matt. If I get the chance, I'll open up the utility so that people can upload their own scans. I'll just have to write some code that deletes those files after a day or two. As I indicate, haven't made a gamebox in some time so if any of my instructions to Matt were incorrect, pls correct me. :)

Hi Matt,

It's been some time since I made a gamebox but I recall always using this utility that I created because getting those x-y coordinates is a pain otherwise.

So I've uploaded your scans and you can get to the utility by going to:

http://garykrockover.com/zuntzu/getxy.html

Once there, just enter a name for the countersheet (or cardsheet) and select your front and back scans in the list menus, the DPI (looks like 300 to me) and total sections front and back (4 cards total I think, so 4 sections). Four sections will give you 8 total clicks. On the screen that shows your front image scan, you'll use the crosshair to click the upper left corner and then the lower right corner of each card. Then it will switch to the backside of the cards. Here you have to mirror what you did so you'll click the upper right corner and then the lower left corner of each card (go from right to left on the back side).

Once it's done, it will give you the XML code to copy/paste into your gamebox's XML file. You can go back and retry if it miscuts.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Uvatha

Post by Uvatha »

HAY got it going.. HOHHHAY

I was right in the first place with the x,y just second guessing myself due to the program not working.
thanks guys for all your help.

Question though: is there someway with cards with the same back you can just have one image of the back and copy all them through to all the cards thus cuting down on large sheets of jpg with just backs :).

Thats ok Bill I understand man.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Well done!

As for your question about card backs - yes it couldn't be easier.

Here's a snippet of code from my Borodino 20 module that does just that:

<counter-sheet name="Cards"
front-image-file="Borodino 20 Cards.png" front-mask-file="cards-mask.png" front-resolution="300 dpi">
<card-section rows="3" columns="4"
face-left="0" face-top="1066" face-right="3072" face-bottom="4264"
back-left="0" back-top="4264" back-right="768" back-bottom="5330"/>
</counter-sheet>

You need only ensure that the card back graphic is placed somewhere on the same sheet (and same side) as your card front graphics...

Regards, Bill.
Uvatha

Post by Uvatha »

So let me get this right.

By linking to one back picture you can make it copy to all the front faces in all the rows and columns. Also do you make them "cards" just by changing <counter-section to <card-section?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Yes, but you also need to use "face-left", "face-top" (and so on) rather than "front-left", "front-top"...

Regards, Bill.