Conflict of Heroes SOS tech question

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

RobP

Conflict of Heroes SOS tech question

Post by RobP »

Hi,
Downloaded this box (Conflict of Heroes SOS) and found that unlike the other boxes, my security suite reports this issue:

I'm not too sure what to make of this. So far I have blocked it, but doing so prevents the game from running.

Is this kind of access normal?

btw: Great game system :D

RobP
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Interesting. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the images in Conflict of Heroes being encrypted. I don't know why Kaspersky thinks it may be unsafe. Just click "Allow now".
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
RobP

Post by RobP »

Jerome wrote:Interesting. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the images in Conflict of Heroes being encrypted. I don't know why Kaspersky thinks it may be unsafe. Just click "Allow now".
Thanks Jerome,

I guess what I found wierd was that the original CoH module does not do this, so I'm guessing this one doesn't use encrypted images?

Thanks
RobP
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Indeed, the game box for Awakening the Bear is not encrypted.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Yalnin

Post by Yalnin »

That's correct, the CoH box for Awakening the Bear was made by another guy. I made the Storms of Steel game box using the picture encryption feature that was offered by Jerome because the artwork for Storms of Steel was facilitated to me by the game designer to make a game box with best possible quality. It was necessary to protect his copyright on the artwork.

Anyway, the encrypted SoS module works fine on my PC (using Trend Micro Security) and it is the first time that it heard about such a problem from other users, so I think it may be something particular with your Kapersky security suite. You can safely allow the access.